The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi folks, newbie on board

Mk4Gaz

As per title guys (and girls), i'm Gary and I live near Southend On Sea.

I've wanted a supra ever since the mk4 was released, and now i'm fortunate enough to be in a position to buy one, i'm picking mine up on Saturday morning.

It's a '95 gz tt auto in Red, fairly stock, and a really good base for me to start with :thumbs:

A little bit about me.............

I'm 33, and have owned an mr2 turbo for the past 9 years. I bought it bone stock, and in a pretty sorry state for itself. It's gone through various guises in my ownership, and i'm proud to say that i've done everything myself at home - from the forged build, to the paintwork.

I have a few pics to show, and welcome any comments

It has a fairly extensive list of mods, and a lot of custom parts that i've made myself - including a big brake upgrade, using adaptors I designed, to allow the fitment of uk spec tt supra discs on the front - albeit with nissan 200sx s14 calipers

I'm a moderator over on mr2oc, and have been an active member there for virtually my entire ownership, but alas, it's now time for me to follow natural progression and go for it's bigger brother ;)

If any of you are still awake by this point, i'll update with pictures of the supra when she's home, and I hope to gain as much knowledge with your help, as I have with the '2'.

I'd also like to attend any local meets if there are any, to meet other owners, and hopefully gain inspiration :thumbs:

Edited by Mk4Gaz (see edit history)

Guest Benny9

Hi Gaz

Most probably won't remember as it was a while ago but I owned an mr2 turbo aswell and came down form Barnet to see you for a few bits ( boot lid / front bumper spoiler ) anyway I remember you saying you wanted to get a Supra and here you are :D bet you'll be creating some interesting mods soon! did you end up selling the 2? it really was a lovely looking beast in the flesh.

All the best, Ben

Thanks for the welcome guys :thumbs:

I've still got the mr2, regretfully she will be up for sale soon, once I've got the supra home and confident that she's all good.

Being honest, the '2' is going to be difficult to part with, I've got quite an emotional attachment to it. A tear or two may be shed!!!

Ben, yes of course I remember you buddy, you had a fg bootlid and splitter off me, and also the mongoose exhaust. Glad to see you're still about dude :)

Guest Benny9

Hi Mate

I know its going to be hard parting with the 2 :(, you really got her looking the part after all the time you spent on her. But trust me you'll have as much if not more fun with the sup. :cool:

So when are you getting her home? and besides the basic health checks what are your plans? just to let you know BPU is a great enhancement for the price. My 2 was running about 280hp but the supra feels pretty savage with bpu in comparison. You also gotta love the extra room in the cabin and engine bay too :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, here's a few pics.

The wrapped bonnet has to go asap, and she needs lowering. I ditched the stock wheels as the tyres weren't up to much, and fitted my old 18's off my mr2.

Spent today fitting my head unit, running the wires for a small sub and amp in the boot, and whilst I had the dash plastics off, I tidied them up with the carbon vinyl wrap. The rubber coating was looking a bit tired, and it now looks much better!

Welcome to the club! Mint mr2 you have!

The supra needs some love.........and i am sure you have the skills to do a inteligent tunning.:D :eyebrows:

Thanks buddy, I'm going for bpu tuning mods to start with. I just need to find out all the information I.e 'safe' boost level, fcd settings (hks or similar), decent (quiet) exhaust, get a fmic, and generally learn where all the bits are on these!

Thanks buddy, I'm going for bpu tuning mods to start with. I just need to find out all the information I.e 'safe' boost level, fcd settings (hks or similar), decent (quiet) exhaust, get a fmic, and generally learn where all the bits are on these!

Gaz if you click on bpu (in blue) it will tell you everything you need to know about it mate.

Now thats a proper introduction Welcome to the club Gaz. Lovely looking car there and as you say a good base for you to start making it your own. Look forward to the updates :)

Thank you mate, for the kind welcome. Also, for pointing me in the right direction :thumbs:

Just finding my feet with her really, it's funny as I can work on the '2' blindfolded, but with this - I opened the bonnet and thought "ummmmmm" !

Welcome to the forum Gaz. Good move with the decision to remove the bonnet wrap. :thumbs:

Might I suggest some facelift front indicators also? I have always thought that the amber front indicators against the 3L2 red paint was a bit of a clash. Up to you of course, I just think it freshens the front end up on a red Supra nicely :)