The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pre Facelift vs Facelift Headlights

listy

Before I get the newbie style ribbings here, I have had a search, and cant find the answer among the hundreds of "Whats the difference" threads about the headlights.

All I'm looking for an answer on, is once the pre facelift lights have Abflug inserts in, would there be a difference between them, and a set of facelift lights with the Abflug inserts?

The reason I'm asking, is because if the answer is no, then I'll be looking at getting some pre faclift lights, putting the inserts in those, and selling the facelifts.

If this is a silly idea, then feel free to let me know.....I can take it :p

Facelift lenses have less lines on them and are generally clearer due to age

Good point :thumbs:

The face lifts don't have the side light in them also

Obviously Darren :rolleyes: with Abflug inserts, the sidelight would be removed anyway :p

Facelift ones will be a hell of alot better. Due to the lines in the lens.

Facelift

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/03/3azade9e.jpg

Pre facelift

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/03/a8yda8ub.jpg

The issue I have, using clear lenses, they have to be facelift as the lines on the lenses direct the light

Cheers guys. I'll keep the facelifts then. Didn't realise the facelifts had lines on the reflector bit inside. :thumbs: