The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A couple of questions to those that have done single conversions

marc_p

Hi guys,

Mid way through my single work and have a quick couple of questions:

Firstly, I have blocked off the below 2 water feeds with the rubber caps supplied in my turbo kit, that I later realised were for the 2 outlets on the top elbow above the water pump, however, am I not still needing to block these two feeds aswell, as I can't see what they would be used for?:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372716222.873919.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372716248.567582.jpg

And here is how I will be doing the top elbow I mentioned(although I'll be shortening the pipe down):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372716289.167425.jpg

Then we are moving onto these two vacuum pipes(just to the right of the water pipe) which would now seem redundant to use, am I correct in thinking that?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372716451.600919.jpg

Which I am guessing if I traced round the back of the block would lead we to these two that plug onto the inlet(part of them are hard pipes that are welded to the diagnostics port bracket and as you can see in the pic, one has a small filter in it):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372716624.034055.jpg

If these are no longer needed, do I just rip them out and plug up the inlets on the inlet manifold?

Oh and a gratuitous mid-progress pic :D:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372716838.183838.jpg

I'm sure I'll get more questions but that's it for now:).

Thanks

Marc

The top water neck needs welding really, to give a professional finish.

The 2 vacuum pipes go to the catch tank. The metal bits are welded to the water pipe so you have to remove that first to cut them off.

Looking good!

Here is my modded water elbow, very easy to do, the pipe nipples just pull out and then weld it up, smooth it over and then paint it ;)

http://www.zen85016.zen.co.uk/gallery/supraodds/SupraWork-2010409-%20008s.jpg

Cheers guys, I will get those to nipples welded up, I'm guessing the bits I blocked off are correct to have been blocked off and only need to be used if you're running a water cooled turbo(which I am not).

In regard to the vacuum pipes, are you referring to a factory catch tank(the cylinder shaped chamber just below the inlet runners? I was going to ask what that was :D), if so, can this just be ripped out?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Thats the pressure tank to operate the VSV's for the stock twins, wont be needed. Also what the 2 pipes in pic 3 connect to :)

The water pipe from the pump runs behind it and the 2 metal vac pipes welded to it can be seen on the right.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171967&stc=1&d=1372756608

Ace, more cr@p I can get rid of:d

Thanks for that :thumbs: