The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello :)

Matty_L

Hi everyone :wave:

I'm Matt, I thought I'd put up a little about my past.

I started getting into modifying car when I owned a fiesta :haha:. Realising the errors of my ways I then went to a Celica GT, my wife then took over that and I got an MR2 Turbo, until rust got the better of it, I decided enough was enough and striped & scrapped the car. I was adamant my next car was going to be newer and more about comfort than speed (Opposite of the MR2) I had my mind set on a 350z, but as I've always liked Supra's I kept an eye on the forums here. Then I saw the V8 Paul from Whifbitz was selling. Hopefully picking it up in the week :D

I live near Reading an sometimes go to the Jap meet near McDonalds / KFC / B&Q retail park, anyone on here go to that?

Thanks guys. Not got the car yet as Paul's changing the cambelt for me. Hopefully get the car Thursday ready to take it on a camping trip on Friday.

The idea of Paul doing the cambelt was so I could have a car I dont have to work on after the MR2, it didnt last long, I'm already looking at changing the exhaust & headers :D Although I'll do as much maintenance as I can first, check valve clearances etc as they tap when they go out and is very common on this engine from what I've read.

Once I get it I'll put some photos up :)

I have the Rush ones ;) Neil doesn't make them anymore though. He told me his last set went to the States. :(

These Hurricane ones look the same as Rush.

There are these Xat Racing ones too.

There were some IMF ones but they only seem to pop up on the Lexus forums in random group buys. Think there were some quality issues though if I remember right.

Not many options I'm afraid and everything is overseas. Could always go custom..

I'd enjoy your car as Paul has built it for a while first before tinkering :) Should be really nice. Mine has always been de-cat. Currently running the Rush headers into custom Y pipe into a TT Tanabe Touring 3".

Whip some photos/vids of your car up when you get it! :thumbs:

Here's mine a year ago.

It seized a pulley and snapped the aux belt on the way home. So Paul sorted me out with some parts, while I waited for them to arrive I thought I have a look at some other things on the car, I noticed some of the gauge lights don't come on with the ignition (but they did when I picked it up) and the windows dont work anymore. I'm not sure if this is related to the aux belt issue, but there was a 10A fuse under the dash that had blown, so I replaced it but it just blew again.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

The car is pretty much sorted now, big thanks to Paul at Whifbitz for looking at it, the main issue was the stereo that had been installed by a previous owner, who apparently didnt know what they were doing lol, and it needed a new alternator possibly caused by the wiring issues.

But its now back on the road :D

here's a quick photo to celebrate :)

I'll get some better photo's soon :)

I'd enjoy your car as Paul has built it for a while first before tinkering :) Should be really nice. Mine has always been de-cat. Currently running the Rush headers into custom Y pipe into a TT Tanabe Touring 3".

Whip some photos/vids of your car up when you get it! :thumbs:

Here's mine a year ago.

Love that sound!

- - - Updated - - -

Not bad for a first Supra!

Welcome to the club!:)