The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch for 2jzge 5speed gearbox

Guest Misiek85

Guest Misiek85

Hello im new and, I am looking for a strong clutch for my Supra, I have 5 gearbox and im got 600 hp OR a gearbox v161 to bay chep

If I've interpreted the above correctly, then you may as well buy a 6 speed if your current box is a W58. Another option is a R154 but with the cost of those boxes rising then I'd probably fork out the extra and go 6 speed if you can afford to do so.

No point wasting money on a fancy clutch for the W58 if the box won't hold the power your making (600bhp?)

and maybe someone of you know where you can have a look around for V160-V161 R154

I have bought a R 154 kit for 2k, two months ago and is still not finish, the conversion to manual takes too long. Getrag 6 speed are easy-er to fit but 4k for a kit and comes for sale once a year here...

Guest Misiek85

Now another question about whether someone will versed in the subject of light weight flywheels, not know what is the difference between, turbo and no, I watched and for me they look the same crank is the same