The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Doluck front bumper beginning to droop in the corner.

SupraStar 3000

Any advise, much appreciated.

Noticed lately my bumper is beginning to sag on one side.

The black rubber seal between the bonnet and bumper really shows this off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171768&d=1372508685

Should i try and attach the front bump to the car chassis behind the cooling panel.

This is a firm anchorage point, from which I can lift the bumper up quite easily and secure.

Problem is, however much I lift up, the other side goes up symmetrical to the other corner, so doesn't help.

Or,

Drop the corner of the bonnet down.

I could do this easily too, except at the moment the bonnet sits square and fits well around the lights and front wings.

Don't like owning a Supra that looks like its had a stroke.

Sorry just to clarify the bumper is lower then the bonnet in one corner or the gap between the bonnet and bumper is wider one corner

Mine is a genuine Do-Luck and I found that the same side as your was a little lower then the drivers side so as you have two bolts that hold the bumper down where the black rubber strip is I put a thicker washer to raise one side up ..

I have always thought the Do-Luck does not have enough bolts to hold the bumper on .... Have you bolted the bumper on underneath to the lower valance ?? That makes the bumper more secure ..

Sorry just to clarify the bumper is lower then the bonnet in one corner or the gap between the bonnet and bumper is wider one corner

Mine is a genuine Do-Luck and I found that the same side as your was a little lower then the drivers side so as you have two bolts that hold the bumper down where the black rubber strip is I put a thicker washer to raise one side up ..

I have always thought the Do-Luck does not have enough bolts to hold the bumper on .... Have you bolted the bumper on underneath to the lower valance ?? That makes the bumper more secure ..

This 'copy' doesnt have any holes to bolt to the top (Just under the cooling panel)

So i'm just about to drill some holes and try and lift it up.

Problem is, like Marc says, I think this has warped as the twist is too strong to pull down on side and the other up.

- - - Updated - - -

Ideally it needs a bodyshop to look at it, I see this happen a lot with fibreglass kits as over a period of time the fibreglass will start to sag and the only real fix is to build it back up with filler and then respray it.

Really can't afford that right now. :eek:

Ahhhh well defiantly drill some holes by the cooling panel then ... Just to let you know I made a cut in the rubber so it lays flat still but I'm sure that will become obvious

Mine has a two bolt holes by the cooling panel,

Bolts holes under headlights

Bolt hole to both wings

About 6 bolts underneath to lower valance if that helps