The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey Guys!

Guest .Timbo.

Guest .Timbo.

New member here. I from Ontario, Canada. I have a 1994 Alpine JDM RZ. I have had the car for about two years. It's been through tons of changes and is due to go through quite a bit more. I have added a better description below as well as some pictures.

I will be doing the bolt-on's and what I can but for the most part I'm no mechanic and I'l be leaving that up to the pros

So when I bought the car it was fairly stock and only had a few BPU items:

Greddy Intercooler

Greddy Boost Controller

Cusco Coilovers

Mines Exhaust

De-Cat

Defi gauges

The car wasn't in the best shape, the paint was mismatched, it had a broken(cheap) frp bumper, cheap wheels and rubber, also the greddy intercooler had seen better days. Mechanically everything checked out and it was running fine.

I bought a ridox replica kit from Shine Auto Project, they sell an unreal product and their service was top notch. The kit resembles the stock bumper and jdm skirts but with an added lip. After looking for a decent body shop with competitive pricing I decided on bringing it to Chase Auto Body on Tiffin Street in Barrie. Mark(the owner) is a great guy to deal with and made the process a breeze. The kit went on perfectly, he said it was the easiest and best fitting kit they have dealt with. They touched up the whole car and then resprayed it.

A bit before I brought the car into the paint shop I noticed my rear caliper was sticking bad. The previous owner mentioned this so I was expecting on replacing the brakes at some point seeing as they are already a weak point on supras. After doing some research I came across a Wilwood kit that was decent upgrade over stock and for a only bit more then brand new USDM TT calipers and rotors.

I also had an issue my drivers seat as it was fiberglass bucket with a pillow as the cushion. This had to go. So after being unable to find stock leather seats in decent shape I found some grey and black suede Sparco Milanos. Not quite as comfortable as stock but sure as hell looked better and felt better then what was in there before

While me brakes were on their way here I decided to treat myself to an exhaust upgrade. This was purely a spur-of-the-moment thing but I regret nothing I bought a 4" stainless catback from the guys at Boost Logic. This was in my opinion one of the best sounding exhausts, a nice deep and throaty pitch.

Now that I had my stopping correctly and my car sounding sexy I had to do something about those big ugly chrome wheels. I bought black XXR 521's (18 x 8.5 +20, 18 x 10 +20). I opted for a cheap and lightweight alternative to those ugly 1000 pound suckers that were on there before. At the end of the season I also bought new rubber, a nice meaty 285 on the back. (CCW's next season)

I also bought an AEM EMS to unlock the most out of my BPU set up. I also figured I would be going single one day so why not be prepared. I had this installed and tuned by Tony at DMT . The car made 396rwhp and 361 lbtq at 17.5 psi. This was more then i was expecting out of a stock JDM fuel system. At this PSI the weak JDM turbos are at the maximum safe level.

So after running this all summer I decided I want more and it was time I started saving for a single turbo kit. After a bunch of research I decided on the F1 Manifold from Sound Performance. The sound signature from this manifold is unique and coupled with my exhaust should sound pretty epic. I currently have this ordered and am piecing together the rest of the kit with Sound Performance. The plans right now are as follows:

Engine and Drivetrain:

F1 SP Racing Manifold, Twin Wastegate

SP Quick Spool valve (should shift the boost curve over to left approximately 500rpm)

4" Downpipe and Midpipe

PTE Waterless DBB 6466 with 1.00 divided housing

ETS Intercooler

GSC S1 Cams & Beehive Springs

RPS Stage 2 Clutch

OEM Flywheel

Fuel:

1000cc precision injectors

Dual 255 walboros

(remaining SP Fuel Kit items)

AEM Meth/Water Kit

Hopefully this setup would give me an extremely street-able and reliable 550-600rwhp (conservative goals as I always run 94). Currently everything but the intercooler, cams and clutch have been ordered and hopefully by fall everything should be in my hands and ready to be put on. I also bought used oem front bumper I am having repainted in case I want to go back to stock body.

Old picture when i first got it. Picture with my winter car(black GT4 and my dads GT4)

Pic from last summer

Rear end

Side

Old engine shot

Shot from a cruise (Full res picture couldn't be uploaded to imgur)

Link to part pictures

http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/16timbo16/library/Supra%20Parts

Short exhaust video

Josh