The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Information needed

gdog1989

Hi all my name is Gary and I am New to the site and currently do not own a supra but am very interested in getting one but need some info on them first so any help would be greatly appreciated, basic info really

Road tax cost

Things to look out for

Basic running costs ect

I have looked everywhere for roadtax cost but nowhere shows it

Many thanks guys and girls :)

Welcome!

Road tax on my 1994 UK Auto TT:

6 Months Rate £123.75

12 Months Rate £225.00

Things to look out for, there's a couple of great guides here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

Download the pdfs and have a good read, take the check list with you when buying and make the checks.

Running costs are a hard one, they're expensive to run in comparison to a lot of cars but many people run them as daily drivers. If you think you can manage it, do it :) You won't regret it.

RD tax is cheap around £230 a yr

Lots of things to look out for as a lot of these cars are now getting on for 20 yrs old and all

of them are over 10 yrs old

Impossible to give you running costs as it depends on use

HI mate wear abouts in kent are you from.The bluewater meet is next friday.

I live 5 mins from Bluewater mate what time is the meet? Il have to bring the Audi for now but would be good to see some awsome cars :-) it not tomorrow but next Friday yeah?

I live 5 mins from Bluewater mate what time is the meet? Il have to bring the Audi for now but would be good to see some awsome cars :-) it not tomorrow but next Friday yeah?

Come along, we are a friendly bunch. Infact two respected members will be there in Audi's too so don't worry we will leave the pitch forks in the car :)

Come along, we are a friendly bunch. Infact two respected members will be there in Audi's too so don't worry we will leave the pitch forks in the car :)

Haha sounds good im working at Lakeside until 9.30 so if your all still there then I should be able to make it, just listen for the overly loud silver a4 with the tiny security guard in :-)

Right so I done a quote on comparison site and my heart juat dropped the last quote I done was 900 this one was 2300 :'( so my next question is what insurance company are people using iI think it may also not help only being 23 :-( any help is much apappropriated

Its hard to say really with insurance as there are too many factors that affect it, NCB, points, accidents, postcode etc...

But to give a point of reference I'm 23 and paying £900 but I will struggle to stay with my current insurer as it's Competition Car Insurance and they don't like Supra's anymore :(

Its hard to say really with insurance as there are too many factors that affect it, NCB, points, accidents, postcode etc...

But to give a point of reference I'm 23 and paying £900 but I will struggle to stay with my current insurer as it's Competition Car Insurance and they don't like Supra's anymore :(

Oright....that sucks mate wel ive been driving since 17 and got now accidents and im 24 in July so may have to wait till then even tho its like just over 2 weeks before my birthday dont want to wait no more haha :-), thanks for your help anyway man

mate i hate to say it but if you have £900 with cci you next ones gonna be around £1500

I've just been running quotes since saying this and I'm looking at £800-£900 :) I can live with that lol

Adam Is that in TT guise or with your planned mods

To the OP welcome to the club - hope to see you at Bluewater next friday

TT with all mods declared, it will be higher with the other mods lol

That's why I like my cci policy it is unlimited mods!

thats alright then when i was getting quotes last year everything wa around £1100 and cci done me for £600 which i was amazed at

Yeah I'm quite happy, but with the single mods it will no doubt increase lol

Thank you and il try and get there after work be nice to look round some real cars got bored of the slow Audi lol

• 2 weeks later...

Right i know its been a while but just to update i got my supra on the 4th and have enjoyed every minute of it ive not done anything to it yet other than clean it and its booked in to Austec for some bits to be done like break lines, fluid ect, also ive bought a fmic curtasy of a fellow member on here so will be fitting that also when it arrives, still needs more cleaning however its getting there slowly :). also with all mods declared the insurance was 1670 which i was happy with.....for now

sup2.jpg

dirty sup.jpg

got to love the ghetto asda car park :)

sup1.jpg