The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Project

Timlowthian

Just thought id share with you my little project. I've been on here for a while know researching away buying parts. My friend has a Supra that has a few issues which i have been sorting but due to her job was not able to look after the car, I started using it a few months ago and getting it ready for her to use again. I had 2 MR2's and was happy with them until i started driving her car and fell in love with the way they feel to drive. Unfortunately at this point i knew it was the death of my MR2 project, the bits were all sold off to fund a supra for myself. I was on the lookout for a Manual N/A as im 24 so insurance isn't exactly the cheapest and also it is my daily driver so was unsure of TT running costs, i also preferred a white or black Supra. One big thing was i wanted a car with MOT and Tax that i could just drive away and use but then a White 1997 N/A manual popped up locally which i ended up buying with no mot or tax.

The car had been stored in a garage for a few years and not driven since being purchased. Generally it was in good condition but was in need of a bit of love. The pictures below are of it on my drive and as you can see was covered in a thick layer of dust.

Then after a quick hose over:

The only real MOT issues are the cracked headlights which are yellow, the driver seatbelt is so lose its pointless and the windscreen is in 2 pieces as there is a crack from one side to the other.

I however am not a fan of the veilside bumper and have sourced a standard which is going to be sprayed and it is generally messy. Ive also purchased all of the serviceable items as well.

Another thing that i plan to remove is something i found when playing with the random buttons:

So parts i have purchased:

-S2000 Arial Conversion

-Driver Seatbelt

-Carpet without holes in

-Boot Carpet

-Heater Controls

-Cambelt

-Waterpump

-Spark Plugs

-Leads

-Dizzy Cap and Rotor Arm

-Air, Fuel, Oil filter

-Coolant

To Get:

-Engine Oil

-Gearbox oil

-Diff Oil

-Brake Fluid

Anyone think of any other things i should sort while servicing?

Later on i want to changes the alloys as they arnt my cup of tea but will do for now and im not 100% on what i want but am thinking rota Force drifts.

Lastly i found the below magazine in the boot when i bought it which made me chuckle:

• 2 weeks later...

Well after the good weekend we had some good progress was made on the car.

I've now sourced pretty much all of the bits i need for the tidy and the service before getting it road worthy. Going to sort getting the replacement bumper sprayed up this week as well.

This weekend was spent completely stripping the interior to clean everything and to replace the ripped up interior carpet and non existent boot carpet. Also fitted one of the S2000 aerial conversions from the group by on here which is a big improvement to my broken stuck mast.

Greatest improvement of the weekend was taking off the neons and binning them. Only the front one is left as its in the front bumper which is coming off anyway.

Will get some pictures up when I am in from work but tonight's mission is to clean all the leather interior and then get that re-fitted.

• 1 year later...

Well thought id update this as there has been much progress, only a brief description and picture just to catch up.

After cleaning it up and getting rid of those stupid neons I sourced and fitted a replacement bumper so i could bin the veilside one.

Next up I had a member on here refurbish my headlights and facelift them

After the headlights It was time for a Earless Poly Lip as i didnt even have the standard one before.

Soon after a TRD spoiler came available on here and I couldn't help myself.

Edited by Timlowthian (see edit history)

Continued

It was now time for new wheels and managed to source some 9j / 10j Rays Volk Evolution 4 which are far better than the OZ wheels.

Next was one of my favourite additions some OEM Recaros

This is how the car sits now:

The plans now have got a bit more serious, I have just picked up the below TT engine ready to drop in using my manual box.