The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glass removal

markssupra

Anyone on here got any experience with removing all the glass.

I want a proper job on the respray and just checking what trim etc will need replacing. I have found the front screen trim as this looks like it will need replacing, but cannot find a part number for the rear screen trim.

Is this part of the glass, will it get ruined when the glass removed?

Got the price for new rear quarters as well, just in case!

HI mate. I think Dnk had some for sale. But that was a month or so ago.

I did but i used mine when i had the tailgate painted and sold the front one.

Buy new from Toyota would be my advice as they go stiff with age :) not sure you can save the seals

anyway as they get cut out.

You can get the side quarters out if your careful

Surely you don't need a part number as its pretty obvious what part you need, even to the more lame

Toyota parts workers.

Failing that Steve Manley wont need part numbers so just give him a bell

I did but i used mine when i had the tailgate painted and sold the front one.

Buy new from Toyota would be my advice as they go stiff with age :) not sure you can save the seals

anyway as they get cut out.

You can get the side quarters out if your careful

Surely you don't need a part number as its pretty obvious what part you need, even to the more lame

Toyota parts workers.

Failing that Steve Manley wont need part numbers so just give him a bell

Already sent a long parts list to Steve and asked him about the rear screen trim, hopefully he will know.

£60 :blink: how nice do I have to be for that price, had a few quotes now for £300 to remove and replace all the glass over 2 visits.

Yeah, good idea. Mine's going in for a full spray at the end of next month so I was sort of wondering what the process was too - i.e. is it typical that a bodyshop would usually take care of it.

If its any help, these are the prices (inc. VAT) that I was quoted from our local Toyota at the end of last year....

COST EXTERIOR TRIM

£21.24 SEAL, HOOD TO FRONT END PANEL - 53395-14010 (Bonnet Rubber Strip) 10% Owners club discount available off these prices

£38.10 SEAL, HOOD TO COWL TOP - 53383-14110

£59.17 MOULDING, WINDSHIELD, OUTSIDE RH - 75533-14190 (1)

£66.17 MOULDING, BACK WINDOW, OUTSIDE RH - 75573-14210 (1)

£11.96 62371A RETAINER, ROOF SIDE RAIL WEATHER STRIP, REAR RH - 62371-14080 (1)

£11.96 62372A RETAINER, ROOF SIDE RAIL WEATHER STRIP, REAR LH - 62372-14080 (1)

£125.11 75551 MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, RH - 75551-14150 (1)

£125.11 75552 MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, LH - 75552-14150 (1)

£115.79 75710 MOULDING ASSY, FRONT DOOR BELT, RH - 75710-14250 (1)

£115.79 75720 MOULDING ASSY, FRONT DOOR BELT, LH - 75720-14250 (1)

£72.85 62311B WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR OPENING TRIM, RH - 62311-14070

£72.85 62312B WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR OPENING TRIM, LH - 62312-1407

£115.10 62381B WEATHERSTRIP, ROOF SIDE RAIL, RH - 62381-14140

£115.10 62382B WEATHERSTRIP, ROOF SIDE RAIL, LH - 62382-14150

I worked at Autoglass for over ten years mate so fitted 1 or 2 bits of glass lol. Front screen will look better with new screen trim as only pushes on edge of the glass but old one normally stretches, breaks or cracks screen when removing and the same with the rear screen.

You will need to order oe rear screen trim to fit 100% right as universal or after market just wont cut it and looks crap!!

front screen oe or you can use Volkswagen T4 transporter screen trim looks the same but it soft flexly rubber not hard like oe.

And as rob said rear side windows are a fooking pita!! lol but can be removed with time and care.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windscreen-Removal-Tool-Kit-7pc-/171065376690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27d44a7fb2

A kit like this will save you lots of time and effort but can also be done with

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNAP-OFF-KNIFE-HOLDER-18mm-Push-Blade-handle-safe-snap-can-hold-3-NO-BLADES-/161052834571?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item257f7f3b0b

this is the hard way!! and you have to have a squirty bottle with water to keep everything wet so blade cuts easy and this is the only way to remove the rear sides as the 3x bolt fixings get in the way for the other kit to work.

If need any help mate give me a shout and will walk you through anything your not sure on ;)

I worked at Autoglass for over ten years mate so fitted 1 or 2 bits of glass lol. Front screen will look better with new screen trim as only pushes on edge of the glass but old one normally stretches, breaks or cracks screen when removing and the same with the rear screen.

You will need to order oe rear screen trim to fit 100% right as universal or after market just wont cut it and looks crap!!

front screen oe or you can use Volkswagen T4 transporter screen trim looks the same but it soft flexly rubber not hard like oe.

And as rob said rear side windows are a fooking pita!! lol but can be removed with time and care.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windscreen-Removal-Tool-Kit-7pc-/171065376690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27d44a7fb2

A kit like this will save you lots of time and effort but can also be done with

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNAP-OFF-KNIFE-HOLDER-18mm-Push-Blade-handle-safe-snap-can-hold-3-NO-BLADES-/161052834571?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item257f7f3b0b

this is the hard way!! and you have to have a squirty bottle with water to keep everything wet so blade cuts easy and this is the only way to remove the rear sides as the 3x bolt fixings get in the way for the other kit to work.

If need any help mate give me a shout and will walk you through anything your not sure on ;)

Thanks very much for the advice mate, I am ordering all oem parts to refit the screens so should all be good. Will certainly give you a shout if I get stuck :)

Guest karl7007

Hi

i did remove my rear boot glass and your right you need genuine toyota trim as its looks great after the universal trims nowhere near as good as i had a look at them myself.

cheers karl