The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gearbox oil leak??

Hassan

Hi was driving home and saw a puff off white smoke, i was right next to my house so looked underneath the car and there was fluid leaking from the between gearbox and engine. Took some photos....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009371.259857.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009383.154987.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009475.439362.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009485.638972.jpg

Any ideas what it could be??

Is it Auto fluid or Oil?

Maybe difficult to tell if it due for a service.

Looks like it leaking pretty bad, Best check your levels that should show up which one it is.

Could be the input shaft seal on the gearbox or the torque converter, if its not the gearbox then it will be the rear crank oil seal.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

I've just fixed a minor gearbox leak on my car this weekend, I couldn't get the auto box sump to re-seal using rtv sealant after the service, in the end I made a cork gasket for it and it's holding nicely now, however this doesn't appear to be coming from the sump.

Is it me or does it look like it is cracked around where its leaking?, what ever the problem is it should be too hard to trace looking at the amount of fluid your losing. Good luck :)

Looks like you have a autobox problem as opposed to engine problem is check your auto fluid using the correct method to make sure if auto problem get a second hand box with torque converter and swap them over its not a hard job buddy :)

- - - Updated - - -

I've just fixed a minor gearbox leak on my car this weekend, I couldn't get the auto box sump to re-seal using rtv sealant after the service, in the end I made a cork gasket for it and it's holding nicely now, however this doesn't appear to be coming from the sump.

Is it me or does it look like it is cracked around where its leaking?, what ever the problem is it should be too hard to trace looking at the amount of fluid your losing. Good luck :)

It does look cracked but it could just be the photo