The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much would you value?

Supra Gaz

Hi folks, i will start by apologising, i know these threads are annoying.

In short i am looking to get a rough idea of the value of my N/A manual 5 speed (W58) Supra.

Some of you may know that i have owned the car for around two years, having sold my silver Do-Luck car to a chap in Belgium. Over the two years i have racked up a massive 200 km. Yup, 200 kilometres. I took it off the road to do a few little bits and then kept it off of the road for a year and a half playing with it and adding parts as i bought them.

The spec stands as follows;

1993 Black N/A Manual hard top with 148000 km, not miles, the milage goes up in KM.

Chassis

HKS height and damper adjustable coilvers all round.

19" Lenso 5 spoke staggered wheels (need a refurb)

245 front Bridgestone Potenzas with 6mm left

275 rear Bridgestone Potenzas with 6mm left

Blue KAD 6 pot front brakes with 380mm disc loads of life left

Blue KAD 4 pot rear brakes on UK spec rear discs loads of life left

Full recent underseal having had surface rust removed

Mechanical

Stock N/A engine, not tamperd with, just well maintained, service twice in 200 km with new oil and filters, new NGK sparks.

Twin Whifbitz decat on stock back box

W58 with a recent gear box oil change aroun 160 km ago.

Recent new OEM clutch and flywheel (less than 160km)

New stock air filter in oem air box.

New bosch battery

Bodywork

Do Luck type one spoiler

Do Luck type 2 front cone with LED indicators and side lights

No sideskirts or spats, plastic trim for the clean look.

Face lift headlights sprayed all satin black with no chrome rings

Pre-facelift rears with fog in drivers side reverse light

boot lid de-wipered and de-nozzled, smoothed with glass removed with new OEM Toyota window seal

stubby S2000 aerial mod

Age related marks on the body, but generally good.

Interior

OEM Recaro seats in 99% perfect condition

Carpet dyed black

Custom back lit Do-Luck gauges

Alpine signle din stereo

Alpine door speakers

Genuine TRD gearknob (reciept to prove)

Carbon look kick plates

11 months MOT, passed with no advisories

6 months tax

Car runs beautifully.

someone point me in the right direction with a price, i will post up some pics when i get off my phone (or just search my user name, i put up some in a recent thread where someone hit my front bumper).

Edit; is 4k reasonable?

Edited by Supra Gaz (see edit history)

I think 4k is reasonable for a fantastic 5 speed NA Supra, it's a lovely car with loads of tasty bits on it.

The brake setup alone is worth a fair bit!!

I hope you don't sell, she's stunning :cool:

Cheers Abz, she is lovely, I just want to concentrate on different things for a bit, it's amazing how much time these things take up.

I may break this to stock spec if the demand is there for the parts...

Personally, I think it's worth what the owner wants for it. Someone can buy a banger for £2k or a nice example for £4k.

The reason prices are down is because people sell cheap, then tell everyone else they want too much for them. Prices get dropped, value goes down.

I think for yours Gaz, with all the work that has gone in to it, £4k sounds reasonable.

Christ Gaz you have only just about got this up and running, I know someone gave it a knock the other week and it can be a colossal pita at times but try and keep it for a while to enjoy all your hard work and money spent. It would be a shame to get a great car built up just for someone else to enjoy.

Personally i would ask 5k its a cracking car with all the correct bits onit and will be very easy for someone to fall in love with it, dont sell it too cheap Gaz, theres plenty of crap out there selling for decent money so imo this should be worth alot more than the average N/A

Thanks for everyone's comments, I am removing the KAD brakes and spoiler as someone has made me a comfortable offer. I will be preparing it for sale and possibly removing more parts to sell on to you VULTURES lol.

Genuinely thanks for all the comments guys, I won't be leaving the forum even if I don't have a Supra, I enjoy the reading Graham's comments too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I can't sell my car as I like it too much. I have sold the KADS and am replacing them with UK spec brakes, the Recaros are also off to a new home but I am getting some nice leather Porsche GT3 style jobbies.

What can I say, I'm a Supra whore.