The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop roof panels, trim colours

markssupra

Bit of forward planning but interested in finding out what colours were available on aerotops for the interior trim.

As I am currently stripping car down for respray it occured to me that maybe parts like the interior light, visor clips and visors etc were available in black.

My parts are grey including the roof panels, plastic clips, interior light etc.

Does anyone have an aerotop with these parts in black?

Pre facelifts are grey and facelifts are black :)

Thanks for that:)

but then there were no facelift aero turbos! not in this country or japan anyway, only gz spec 93-95

Was there not a facelift NA Aerotop?

I have looked up my chassis code for GZ Aero on Toyodiy and it does give the part numbers for the trim in grey and black. Just the sun visors are gray only.

Has anyone got black sunvisors as I would have thought they were the same fixing whether car is an aerotop or not.

yes NA aeros facelifts yes, but there were only aerotop TT for 2 years built in japan right hand drive models, so these are pre facelift only, no such thing as a turbo aero face lift

Thanks for that:)

Was there not a facelift NA Aerotop?

I have looked up my chassis code for GZ Aero on Toyodiy and it does give the part numbers for the trim in grey and black. Just the sun visors are gray only.

Has anyone got black sunvisors as I would have thought they were the same fixing whether car is an aerotop or not.

I fitted a black headlining with black visors, black light and black clips to my 1994 car...looks much better!

I bet it does, after taking all these bits off I thought black would be better if I can get it.

Mines a facelift aero and the bits and visors are black.

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. Have you got any pics of the interior please

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

yes NA aeros facelifts yes, but there were only aerotop TT for 2 years built in japan right hand drive models, so these are pre facelift only, no such thing as a turbo aero face lift

Who mentioned anything about the engine? Interior is the same and that's what is being discussed.

there are interior revisions my friend, how about the dash panels, the clocks etc, outside temp gauge, revised trac, theres a few differences there isint there !

Between TT and N/A?

How does that effect the carpet colour?

Oh and on the facelifts the only difference between N/A and TT is the tiny boost gauge is a battery gauge on the N/A.

Between facelift and pre facelift, yes, there is lots of differences, but we are talking about carpet colours here and the carpets are grey cloth on pre facelift and black felt on facelift, no matter what engine, gearbox or year you have, they are the same shape with the same cutouts.

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

I'll take some and post them tomorrow, if that helps.

That would be great if you could, thanks matey :)

Had another look my roof lining panels again yesterday and not only is the material grey, the plastic trim inserts around the aerotop bolt holes is grey as well.

Hopefully the facelift versions are all black, in not I'll try dying the fabric and spraying the plastic bits black if I can't get hold of them.

Not worried about the floor carpet, going to dye this black as the very helpful how to thread explains.

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

My facelift Aero is all black inside - see pic

Sorry there a bit late but hope they help.

Thanks guys, very helpful, thankyou for sparing the time to take the pics. Brilliant just what I needed to know.

The 3 roof panels and sun visors on mine are a grey felt like material.Your front panel looks like vinyl, with a felt aero roof lining. Interesting. :)

Yep - the detachable roof lining and small section of roof behind is black felt - everything else is black vinyl or plastic.

I suppose its because they can get wet in the rain - not that anyone would forget and leave it with the roof off when it rains !!

Yep - the detachable roof lining and small section of roof behind is black felt - everything else is black vinyl or plastic.

I suppose its because they can get wet in the rain - not that anyone would forget and leave it with the roof off when it rains !!

Yep, that, what Chris said. Good luck with what you are trying to do. Definitely be worth contacting Keron as he has loads of odd bits lying about.