The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glass Headlights - Any Good?

merckx

I've got a facelift car with the standard plastic lenses.

I recall someone saying the pattern on the lense was diiferent to the standard plastic ones and didn't look as good.

Do the glass lights have shiny bits inside while the facelift ones don't.

Are the glass lights worth getting, do they look better?

Any opinions appreciated.:)

Hello Mate

First thing I would suggest is T cut the outside of the lenses before doing anything else. I was facing the same dilema as you, do I buy the glass headlights as my existing plastic lenses had de-coloured.

I initially thought the de-colouration was on the inside and did'nt fancy the lights in the oven thing. So a friend suggested T Cutting the outside of the lenses, I did and it brought them up lovely.

If the de-colouration is on the inside, then you will have to try the oven job or purchase new ones but try this first.

Cheers

I had the facelift plastic lamps, and when I used to drive around at night I used to have the main beam and fogs on so you had a double lamp element going on, when I first switched to UK glass, I got in the car and automatically turned on the main beam along with fog, and drove off down the road already realising I could twice further down the road, but after the 3rd person flashed me head on, I realised maybe I shouldnt be driving around with the front fogs on as well........... :innocent:

So my answer to you would be "yes", buy them and fit them and you wont look back..........

Originally posted by merckx

Michael, your pics have been really helpful. The lights look really good:)

I'm not sure whether to get some, would you recommend them?

My car came with them so when I replaced them it was just to get rid of condensation rather than improve the looks - they do look really nice though :)

Originally posted by Paul E

Anyone after a set of these - I need to get two sets of glass lights (without bulbs etc) next week from Mr Toyota - so will add another set or two on to it (cost price) if anyone wants

Anyone want a set to pick up from my place?

:thumbs:

Paul you are my heeeero :D Dedication to a cause has never before been seen lol:p

• 1 year later...