The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Setting up boost controller worth it ?

thedirtycat

I got a blitz I colour boost controller a while back and it's set up as best as I can set it up but I know before I talked to a couple of people saying with this one you can set boost levels in each gear and map boost with revs, speed and throttle position.

I guess to do this properly I would need to rolling road it and set it up on there. Is it worth doing though? Would doing this allow for better response ?

I know I think it was Nic on here that said it really makes a difference when properly set up but not sure exactly how it would improve things.

when i bought mine it was already set up and the difference it made was crazy. way to complicated for me to set up properly so luckily it was already done lol

What are you comparing it to ? Are you comparing it to non bpu or comparing it to a previous boost controller. So far I have changed the "set" and the gain is at 20. To be fair I think the gain made a big difference.

im comparing it to a manual boost controller mate , the type thats not worth putting on a supra lol

if your sticking with bpu twins then may aswell get it done. but if you plan to go single then it would be pointless

Ah right. Well sticking to the twins now and if I did go single I think I would buy one that's already done. Thought it would be good to get the most out of this boost controller though.

you a friend and alot of time will pay dividens :)

Not sure how hard it is to set it up properly. I thought it have to be done on a rolling road. Will have a look to see how it's done and maybe I can do it but I will have to read about it because I don't understand exactly how you set the boost up with revs, speed and throttle position or maybe it can automatically detect all of that as it can read the revs etc although it keeps going to default which is wrong for the car so it reads the revs wrong then haha

if its wierd in correctly it will read the revs from the ecu and you just have to do like a gear learn (WELL YOU DO ON THE AVCR), takes a little time but read the manual carfully and understand it so you know what your doing and what you want to achieve.

rolling road wont be needed just a quiet long road

if its wierd in correctly it will read the revs from the ecu and you just have to do like a gear learn (WELL YOU DO ON THE AVCR), takes a little time but read the manual carfully and understand it so you know what your doing and what you want to achieve.

rolling road wont be needed just a quiet long road

It looks like it just have some self learning mode. I think in boost settings I have it on manual mode and put settings in to get the correct boost levels. It looks like you can set it to auto instead. I don't know how it works. I guess you just stick it on auto and select max boost you want and it does the rest for you ?

Ash, is yours set to auto in boost settings ?

I read the manual and it doesn't really explain how auto works. Just says its not as accurate as manual mode. Yet surely if its doing it depending on revs etc and calculating it all its self then shouldn't it be more accurate And give better results.

I see now on the last bit where it has a different option in function settings to allow it to use revs or speed to deter main boost.

It just confused me because before when people were talking about it, it sounded like you had to lend loads of time setting up the boost at different revs in different gears but it sounds like you just put it in auto mode and it works it all out for you.