The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manu mode

shaz2010

What is it I had a manu mode on my is300 but had buttons on my steering wheel but there's nothing on this so how do you use it?

You don't 'use it' as such it just does

Have a read of this very useful article Ian C put up

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?86128-The-Autobox-Modes-of-Operation

Manual mode essentially shortens the time between gear charges, also making them a bit harsher

Warp drive is a hypothetical faster-than-light (FTL) propulsion system in the setting of many science fiction works, most notably Star Trek. A spacecraft equipped with a warp drive may travel at apparent speeds greater than that of light by many orders of magnitude, while circumventing the relativistic problem of time dilation. In contrast to many other fictional FTL technologies, such as a "jump drive" or the Infinite Improbability Drive, the warp drive does not permit instantaneous travel between two points; instead, warp drive technology creates an artificial "bubble" of normal space-time that surrounds the spacecraft (as opposed to entering a separate realm or dimension like hyperspace, as is used in the Star Wars, Stargate franchise

You can engage MANU mode also known as "WARP" mode whilst stationary or whilst moving the choice is yours :)

Hahah warp mode love it!

Course you can I always shift it when I know iv got an overtake coming up :)

Or when cruising in town and want to be heard by keeping it low, never really use L or 2

Warp drive is a hypothetical faster-than-light (FTL) propulsion system in the setting of many science fiction works, most notably Star Trek. A spacecraft equipped with a warp drive may travel at apparent speeds greater than that of light by many orders of magnitude, while circumventing the relativistic problem of time dilation. In contrast to many other fictional FTL technologies, such as a "jump drive" or the Infinite Improbability Drive, the warp drive does not permit instantaneous travel between two points; instead, warp drive technology creates an artificial "bubble" of normal space-time that surrounds the spacecraft (as opposed to entering a separate realm or dimension like hyperspace, as is used in the Star Wars, Stargate franchise

Shit brov did you wake up on the bedroom floor this morning :D you treckie

• 4 months later...
Hahah warp mode love it!

Course you can I always shift it when I know iv got an overtake coming up :)

Or when cruising in town and want to be heard by keeping it low, never really use L or 2

I'm confused now? the above response sounds more like the overdrive button on the handle that kicks down itself, makes an almighty noise and I usually finish my overtake manoeuvre with the car I just passed flashing their headlights in disgust or just bruised ego.

I'll go back and read the link. But as one of the previous posts said already, I've had my auto 3yrs never used manual, but use overdrive all the time

Age old question I'm sure

does anyone know if the manu mode would have been standard on a 94 JDM supra? I have an engine and box going in something and would be interested if there is going to be a wire there somewhere I can stick a button on for manu mode.

thanks,

Yes it's standard, the problem is it's incorporated in the supras wiring loom. After having my NA converted to TT Manu mode didn't work and the O/D light flashed constatly. I had to change the bay loom to a TT loom to get it working again.

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

Yes it's standard, the problem is it's incorporated in the supras wiring loom. After having my NA converted to TT Manu mode didn't work and the O/D light flashed constatly. I had to change the bay loom to a TT loom to get it working again.

the whole loom is still attached as the box is still attached to the engine so I think all I will have to splice together is the odd wire from the cars dash/air con etc. But the manu wire should be there somewhere, probably terminating in 1 of the thousand plugs that will no longer have a home. thanks,

the whole loom is still attached as the box is still attached to the engine so I think all I will have to splice together is the odd wire from the cars dash/air con etc. But the manu wire should be there somewhere, probably terminating in 1 of the thousand plugs that will no longer have a home. thanks,

I'm talking about the engine bay loom (fuse box, lights, A/C, Fans, Etc) not the engine loom, not to mention the wiring incorporated in the dash loom.

Oh shit, more bad news for me then... im near finished my NA-TT and was expecting problems with MANU and OD light but hadn't thought I would need to change the bay loom. You are indeed the bringer of more bad news, but thanks for making me aware of the problem.

Oh shit, more bad news for me then... im near finished my NA-TT and was expecting problems with MANU and OD light but hadn't thought I would need to change the bay loom. You are indeed the bringer of more bad news, but thanks for making me aware of the problem.

The car will run fine but if you want Manu mode you will need to change it over. If I recall correctly the O/D button still works even though the light constantly flashes. The good news is you don't have to touch the wiring behind the dash apart from the rev counter mod. ;)

The car will run fine but if you want Manu mode you will need to change it over. If I recall correctly the O/D button still works even though the light constantly flashes. The good news is you don't have to touch the wiring behind the dash apart from the rev counter mod. ;)
Cheers for the info mate was it easy enough to change the bay loom with the engine in? Also whats the REV counter mod? im fitting a TT rev counter.

Cheers for the info mate was it easy enough to change the bay loom with the engine in? Also whats the REV counter mod? im fitting a TT rev counter.

I swapped mine in a day, having never done one before, it's a jack the front up, wheels off and drop the wheel arch liners job. You will also need to remove the rad so you can get the old loom out from behind, and the TT one in. The benefits are you can then swapp the NA rad shroud for a TT and fit the front and rear electric cooling fans.

The Rev counter mod is to make the NA rev counter work it's just a link between two soldered joints inside the rev counter.

I swapped mine in a day, having never done one before, it's a jack the front up, wheels off and drop the wheel arch liners job. You will also need to remove the rad so you can get the old loom out from behind, and the TT one in. The benefits are you can then swapp the NA rad shroud for a TT and fit the front and rear electric cooling fans.

The Rev counter mod is to make the NA rev counter work it's just a link between two soldered joints inside the rev counter.

Thanks Scott I appreciate it. I already have the TT shroud and fans which I was wondering where to wire them in but you have answered that also. Off to source a TT auto BAY loom. Thanks again Bud