The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto Launch

charlton

I had one Auto.. 0-60 in 5,4 sec. in 430 hp single- i am sure the same car with manual will do 4.4 sec. I could not improve the time when i was changing manual first and second gear, better to let it in auto mode with over drive on,

General driving? No need and if the road is cambered or not much grip the rear end can slide sideways. Your probably not doing the transmition/torque converter any good if you do it all the time. It's also not good car control. You shouldn't need to be on the brake and accelerator at the same time at all during daily driving.

At the strip. Foot hard on brake. Pump it a few times. Then on the Accelerator until the rear wheels are about to spin. They will only take a few 1000 rpm and if you have jspecs probably even less. Then release the brake while pressing the accelerator, and off you go.

Takes a bit of practice.

At the strip. Foot hard on brake. Pump it a few times. Then on the Accelerator until the rear wheels are about to spin. They will only take a few 1000 rpm and if you have jspecs probably even less. Then release the brake while pressing the accelerator, and off you go.

Takes a bit of practice. And a manual car isn't going to be a second quicker 0-60. The fastest cars down the strip when you compare like for like are autos. Unless you have a very skilled driver who has done many many runs

Agreed. I have installed a line lock now and have the release button on my steering wheel. I am hoping to try this rather than left foot braking, but same principle.

:hide:I am sure the "you must get a manual to be fast" auto haters will appear soon to say otherwise.

Agreed. I have installed a line lock now and have the release button on my steering wheel. I am hoping to try this rather than left foot braking, but same principle.

:hide:I am sure the "you must get a manual to be fast" auto haters will appear soon to say otherwise.

I've had both auto and manual and my auto definitely launched quicker, but grip on manual was much better purely due to the tyres.

carnt imagine it does youre rear brakes any good also?

General driving? No need and if the road is cambered or not much grip the rear end can slide sideways. Your probably not doing the transmition/torque converter any good if you do it all the time. It's also not good car control. You shouldn't need to be on the brake and accelerator at the same time at all during daily driving.

Takes a bit of practice.

I've often wondered this too.

I bought the car that TDr built (#1 on stock twins drag times) and it is fitted with a boostlogic box with high stall and line lock.

I haven't tried any hard launches yet but would I be right in thinking I'd need to stick it in drive, hold the line lock and raise the rev's to about 3,800 then, release the line lock while mashing my right foot?

I've often wondered this too.

I bought the car that TDr built (#1 on stock twins drag times) and it is fitted with a boostlogic box with high stall and line lock.

I haven't tried any hard launches yet but would I be right in thinking I'd need to stick it in drive, hold the line lock and raise the rev's to about 3,800 then, release the line lock while mashing my right foot?

Yep. If the tires will hold the launch, that's exactly how to do it. You can do the same without the line lock by just left foot braking.