The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Rim colour suggestion...

supra_ufo

Scott that colour just looks like a gun metal :-)

It does indeed. It has a stunning tint of bronze through it though ;)

You really need to choose the shade of anthracite in the flesh as pictures will never do it justice.

This is a reasonable example of the colour I'm talking about. It looks like what I'm suggesting on my laptop screen, hopefully it'll be similar on yours. as I said though, I wouldn't choose any colour based on a picture. Always get a sample first :)

Do you have a colour code for it? I have googled it and various people say its not an actual colour.

I have been looking at BMW Sparkling Graphite which looks very similar to that.

No I don't unfortunately, never looked into it just always thought it was a lovely combination for certain colours.

I've seen BMWs with very similar colour wheels, I always thought they were anthracite, graphite sounds like a good description though :)

Is Anthracite: 226.618 (PPG)

Anthracite is definitely a colour, there just isn't any specific paint code for it as you get different shades. Personally I would go with a dark anthracite colour. If you go to the person you are looking to get your wheels done with and ask them to give you a couple of samples you will be able to see what colour you fancy.

Edit:

BMW Wheels done in anthracite...

According to the guy the second pic looks darker than they actually are, bad pic quality. First pic is more like how they look. I would go for a similar colour... just a tiny bit darker

Edited by Scott (see edit history)