The mkiv Supra Owners Club

novise advice needed!

Guest brandon123

Guest brandon123

ok first off I have not brought a supra yet I have a project in mind which will be about 700-800bhp(higher if possible on the budget or even lower if that's too high)

I have looked at a few fourms which say you can get up to 1000bhp from spending £10,000 on a supra TT engine is this possible?

I have been trying to find a reliable list of parts which I can use on a supra(not decided what supra to buy I will also need advice on what one to buy for my fast and furious replica)

as this will be my first car project as I know its quite a big one I have a while to do this!

i need a list of engine parts turbos intercoolers ect which i can use to gain 800bhp from a supra

along with brake types and any thing else relivent

and also what type of supra to buy im looking for nothing older then 1993 really

i have a budget of about £10,000 for the engine maybe more depending?

also would it matter if i brought a relatively high mileage supra(120-150k) if i plan on doing a total rebuild strip engine bare and rebuild

thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Which forums have you been looking on? They're wrong. Double your budget, then add the number you first thought of, then get your bum down the dockyard to add to the budget.

2) Toyota only started making the mkiv supra in 1993.

3) What's your budget to buy the car.

D) The search button is now your bestest friend.

7) I'm no good with numbers.

B) **novice**

I'm going for 600ish, I already own a 6speed car, I've spent 2k and need to spend another £12k ish.

A 1000bhp Supra is much cheaper on the Xbox. I can recommend Forza Horizon.

And Frosties. For when you awake from this 1000bhp Supra for 10k dream.

Much love. Peace out.

i just spent 1/3rd your budget inc labour having a head rebuild with standard valves and springs etc and without porting and polishing... and for 1000bhp your probably going to have to spend 10k on the head alone. and probably not far off building the engine. then there is fuel system. ecu is easy 3-4k on its own after mapping.

so unfortunately your 10k is WAY off. 30k is a good figure. but i dont think it would get you 1000bhp. id say more like 50k

I'm going for 600ish, I already own a 6speed car, I've spent 2k and need to spend another £12k ish.

A 1000bhp Supra is much cheaper on the Xbox. I can recommend Forza Horizon.

And Frosties. For when you awake from this 1000bhp Supra for 10k dream.

Much love. Peace out.

Lol.

Buy an already built single, then uprate hat you need to get to your figure. Why do you want son much power? Drag racing, I don't think so in an f&f replica, pub talk, I guess so. 600bhp in a rwd car with no traction control will brown your pants, more is arguably not needed on British roads.

What's your experience with powerful rwd cars, these aren't tame skylines, these will remove your testilces if you cock up. Then your wallet to repair them.

In short, £10k isnt enough, think long and hard about the power level you really want and need. Fr a good f&f replica you need a gz tt aero.

Please use the search button, all will be revealed.

If you need to raise some more cash, remember that a couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars.

Take an average 120-150K mile, 20 year old Supra and you could spend £10K just getting it back to good original working order, 2nd hand Supras are cheap, parts and labour to put them right and maintain them are expensive.

My advice, use the money to buy a well maintained late model original TT Supra with lots of paperwork and enjoy it, even then it's going to cost you a few £K's a year in insurance, fuel, servicing, tyres, replacement parts, etc.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

yep thats definatly 3.1415926535 DEFINATLY

to be fair 10k on the engine alone is maybe posible if you was doing all the work 3.4 stroker kit 5k race head 3k

and the other 2k on the bearings, bolts ,pumps, ect maybe more

then you have turbo choice 6k with mainfold and wastegate

clutch another 2k

brakes to stop your 1000bhp 2k

suspention 1-2k

ecu mapping 3k

now that is a very basic parts list there are tons more parts requiered and its over 20k straight away with you doing all the work

Guest brandon123
yep thats definatly 3.1415926535 DEFINATLY

to be fair 10k on the engine alone is maybe posible if you was doing all the work 3.4 stroker kit 5k race head 3k

and the other 2k on the bearings, bolts ,pumps, ect maybe more

then you have turbo choice 6k with mainfold and wastegate

clutch another 2k

brakes to stop your 1000bhp 2k

suspention 1-2k

ecu mapping 3k

now that is a very basic parts list there are tons more parts requiered and its over 20k straight away with you doing all the work

Thank you thats all i wanted to know and i was planning on doing it my self was not going to get a company to rebuild as some one earlier stated

Guest brandon123
'There' 'Arseholes' 'Forum' singular, 'Have asked'

No problem congratulations on singling out some one dislexic hope you feel proud