The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speakers: Recommendations

Ross C

A good tip at the bookies, or a lucky lottery ticket.

Save a bit more and spend once, double your budget and you will get a cracking set of speakers that you will never have any need to upgrade :)

Iknow but have already spent a fair bit this month on other things and really need these sorted asap. I have no idea what is good /bad though. Have been looking at Alpine speakers

I know bud, but I would recommend waiting and saving rather than just settling :D

Alpine are good. However, you need to spend a fair bit of cash to get a decent set.

I'll PM you what I would buy, reason is they are meant to be £200+ so I don't know how many they will have in stock.

Whatever you decide go with components. Having the external tweeter makes all the difference in the supra as the high end range is directional and the low placement of the speakers makes it less than an ideal location for coaxials.

PM on the way.

I have 3 way Fli Coaxials all round, but I also have 2 10 inch subs in the boot.

Fli are budget speakers, but I've used them in 3 of my cars now, and with the right mix and set up, perform very well.

Roughly £30 a pair for the coaxials, and *I think* around £40 for a pair of the components with tweeters.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 3 way Fli Coaxials all round, but I also have 2 10 inch subs in the boot.

Fli are budget speakers, but I've used them in 3 of my cars now, and with the right mix and set up, perform very well.

Roughly £30 a pair for the coaxials, and *I think* around £40 for a pair of the components with tweeters.