The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some photo shop help please for n/a inlet

Suprakeith

Am thinking of getting spare inlet manifold, y piece and throttle body for supra so can port and polish them and get power coated to improve engine bay look. Have uploaded picture and was thinking of getting the inlet bits done in the hks purple/pink could someone please photoshop the colour onto parts for me so can see what looks like before go ahead. Also if any one else can think of any other colours that would look good. That be helpfull aswell :D

uploadfromtaptalk1371300949850.jpg

Do you not fancy the polished one that is for sale on here, as that would look good. You already have a good amount of colour in the bay, an by time you have changed the hoses and coloured the inlet it could look a bit too much. But that's just my opinion.

Do you not fancy the polished one that is for sale on here, as that would look good.

^ yeah that ;)

I did think of the polish set up but thought would be pain to keep polished up and clean as got fuel rail and lots of pipes in way. Need easy place to get hand in to keep shinny

It actually isn't that hard to keep clean.

Bearing in mind I had on the car for over 6 years and I only ever polished it properly once, every other time was just a wipe down really.

And with a 20 min polish came up quite well

If some one could put up picture of my engine bay with polished inlet side and the colour option, it would help us decide. Also thinking of future plans as do want top secret carbon bonnet and with polished inlet and rain getting in bonnet vent it would ruin the polished inlet

I had a vented bonnet and rain didn't ruin it.

I have some maguiars wipes, polish and pads as well as wax and never had a problem.

For the first few months I was anal as hell worrying about everything and constantly cleaning it but there is no need.

Any other questions or want any pics let me know mate

I don't have photoshop so I can't help with the purple.

But I do have a ported intake on my na, including throttlebody as well as y-pipe and plenum.

Go for it! It's a great mod on the NA!

Regards, Herbert

Sorry to go off topic slightly, did you port match the intake runners to the head?

Thats good to know that vented bonnet wont ruin the polished inlet as thats one reason was looking at powder coating and am going to port the inlet side for sure. Do love the sound of my n/a now with decats and am making myself induction pipe work, and want to do inlet side all in one go

Def agree with that, i think its a great mod plus when go na-t should see some very intresting gains

As far as I know I'm the only NA-t doing porting at this time. Hopefully I can prove with some dyno figures what a boring process can achieve.