The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this car is starting to do my nut in

supra steveo

well after finding out my car hasnt been running right since having the TT engine fitted due to having my arse handed to me by a civic type R for the EGCV VSV being snapped and you can see why here

just need to find out how to re plumb it in

ive now found that my induction pipe has a 2 inch split in it and a pipe going to the BOV has a nice big split in it too :(

think i just need to take the car off the road now till i get the said pipes replaced as i dont think gaffer tape is a good idea on my most prized possesion :(

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

Theres quite a few kits on ebay too replace all the small turbo side pipes with silicone maybe worth a shot to put your mind at rest, either that or whack a single on there :D

lol i am expecting to be made redundant on tuesday and the pay out should be fairly hefty , there are a lot of people who have said "i bet your going to go single" i may just do that but i want to get everything sorted first just incase i dont :)

also just need to work out how to re- pipe the VSV in

lol i am expecting to be made redundant on tuesday and the pay out should be fairly hefty , there are a lot of people who have said "i bet your going to go single" i may just do that but i want to get everything sorted first just incase i dont :)

also just need to work out how to re- pipe the VSV in

Im sure theres a diagram on here of the sequential system I have no idea where like but someone in the know will

This thread seems to cover most if not all the system http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35926-The-sequential-system

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

Decent tape will be fine for the induction pipe until you get a replacement. The BOV pipe will need replaced though, depending on the end tape might not be strong enough (better than a split though.

Has to be reasonably strong tape though, no pound land rubbish ;)

actually just thinking i think the wide stuff wont be any good coz it will stick right out , am thinking electrician tape and over lap half the width at a time time , what i used to do playing ice hockey on the blade of my stick :)

It'll probably pull one end down leaving a gap and allowing the air straight in again.

For the pic I can see above I would use 2" tape and go from before the flexi right over to after it using the 50% overlapping method. I would also try to do it in situ to make sure the flexi didn't move too much, as trying to fit it while rigid would be hard.