The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy at Gateshead Toyota is a bell end

hodge

So I called into Gateshead Toyota to pick up 10 Ltrs of red coolant. Some random bloke I've never seen before comes to the dest with it and wants to charge me £50.

(Me) - is there any owners club discount on that.

(Him)"Owners club, what you talking about, we dont give discount here were a dealer"

(Me) I've always had discount here, so do all the other lads

(Him) don't know what your talking about son, are you trade?

(Me) no.

(Him) then why would I give you any discount.

(Me) because we've always had discount for years, I've thousands in here I've the last 8 years, last 12 months I must have bought 100ltrs of coolant alone.

(Him) look youngun, you gettin ne discount off me.

At this point my stomach began to churn and the red mist started to come down, so I thought I best off leave so I threw my money on the counter took my coolant and left. I had a crowd on mechanics and office staff around the car when I went back out to it. Still full of hell, I left the car park setting about 7 or 8 alarms off with the howl of The Kraken.

What annoyed me most is that he was a lot younger than me and kept calling me son and youngun. Not very professional if you ask me. WHAT A TOTAL BELL END.

I'd complain mate the fact you've been going there for that long they should value you, just say you wasn't happy you got spoken to like a child by someone that was way younger and you won't return, they might turn round and be like we're really sorry and stop letting the being your son to work day people answer the desk haha

I would go back and get the guy's name and his managers.

Sounds like the guy wants taking down a peg or two. I would send an e-mail to the manager and let him know you will not be returning after so many years and the number of £££'s you reckon you have spent there. Where is the next nearest dealer?

I do not suffer poor service from shops/dealers, especially if they show an attitude.

H.

I would whack a complaint in John totally unacceptable behaviour, when I got my parts from Toyota Durham in Gilesgate the guy on the counter was super helpful and was very happy to see a supra still on the road

This. Ian Ian and I always seem to get a lot of attention from the Wigan outfit and all the guys there are great.

Go John, give him some aggro.

I run a small business and I can't afford to have an attitude with my clients. Although I get into a lot of debateable issues on site, it's the ability to compromise that leaves everyone (hopefully) happy.

This guy sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder and I wonder how many other customers he has upset? The more attention is drawn to him, the quicker he will be down the road.

H.

if i thought it wasnt going my way i would of asked him who he was caling youngun and son , bet he called you mate at some point aswell ? lol that sets me right off ......................

................. not any more tho calm, chilled out, nearly horizontal steve is here now :D

I left the car park setting about 7 or 8 alarms off with the howl of The Kraken.

good effort btw :D

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

Should have asked to speak to his manager, I certainly wouldnt have paid full price, if no one was available just walk out.

:thumbs:

The idiot at my local Toyota dealer is the same so i don't use them

anymore but had my say before i left the last time i was there.

Some are simply shocking and really make you wonder how they

ever got a job dealing with the public

Send a complaint letter not to the parts manager but to the dealer principle .. who will then come down on the parts manager then come down onto the parts advisor. Explain how bad customer service you had and who you normally deal with you have been givin you discount all this time.. How long you have been a customer and how much business you do with them ....

I used to work in Parts for Jaguar / Landrovers and we did not do discount for clubs, only trade but we had alot of people trying it on but there is no excuse for bad customer service and if I had treated a customer like that I would be in the office with my trousers down ...

However regular customers who spent alot of money with the dealership can have discount if confirmed with a manager.

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Sorry to hear that experience Hodge.

Can only hope he isn't going to be one of the regulars as Gavin and Andrew in the parts dept. there have always been great - like you say, have always given discount. Did you get his name?

They've always accommodated me even when I wasn't buying owt - just turning up with a list of parts numbers and wanting to know prices. They'd go through their system and write all the prices onto my printed list.

John I spoke to him the other day to see if my parts were in! When the parts dep answered the phone I was like is that Andrew?he said no! Gavin ? No! Didn't know him and he didn't even tell me his name he just said what's your name and I will check to see if your parts are here! Sounds like the same person w**k*r

John I spoke to him the other day to see if my parts were in! When the parts dep answered the phone I was like is that Andrew?he said no! Gavin ? No! Didn't know him and he didn't even tell me his name he just said what's your name and I will check to see if your parts are here! Sounds like the same person w**k*r

^^^^ That.

New guy is a complete bell end.. Andrew and Gavin are sound and still there as far as I'm aware.

• 1 month later...
^^^^ That.

New guy is a complete bell end.. Andrew and Gavin are sound and still there as far as I'm aware.

I wanted to order some parts from them today and asked for either Andrew or Gavin, only to be told that both have left.

However, I ordered an oil pump, full engine gasket kit and a rubber seal for the front windscreen and got 12% trade discount :)

When I asked about discount there was a bit of a discussion and it turned out that it is basically down to the part you order and customer loyalty. Guy said they'd always try and do something for their loyal customers.

I wanted to order some parts from them today and asked for either Andrew or Gavin, only to be told that both have left.

However, I ordered an oil pump, full engine gasket kit and a rubber seal for the front windscreen and got 12% trade discount :)

When I asked about discount there was a bit of a discussion and it turned out that it is basically down to the part you order and customer loyalty. Guy said they'd always try and do something for their loyal customers.

They've maybe changed it so discount is only available then stevo But I got discount on my coolant late last year? or the guys had had kick up the arse from his manager after a complaint and is now being more helpful either way good to see you got some money off

Hows the engine rebuild coming on? Have you decided on a colour for the Supra yet?

I always used to get decent discount from Gavin or Andrew over the years too mate, that's why I asked for them. Was surprised to hear that they'd both left! Not sure who I spoke to on the phone but he even said it wasn't down to the amount of spend - just regular customer loyalty and the type of part.

Been doing more to the car itself to be honest before it heads off to the shop. Cleaning up and treating the subframe and cross member etc, bit more stripping of panels (will save me a bit of money if I do it). This weekend will probably be the start of stripping down the engine.

Have picked a colour but I'll let it be a surprise :p