The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PROBLEM WITH RACING HART CR's

Green Peace

All chrome came off mine after 3 months, No one knows where they can be repaired, Ive tried lots and lots of diferent companies they won't touch em....THEY CANNOT BE REPAIRED

They are very easily damaged and scratched...mine had a chemical reaction, prob to cleaning fluids used in hand car wash's If you have ordered them I advise to get your money back....as they wont last, and worse than ever cant be repaired.

:(

I'll try get some pics up in the next few days...but its discolouring mostly and peeling plus a car wash place kerbed them really badly and now Gaz has just comfirmred that they really cant be repaired....I tried lots of companies and they all said the same...there is a bit of peeling too....they are absolute crap I paid £1750 for them to last 3 months...they look so shit now that I'm embarresed to drive about with them what a complete waste of money....

:mad:

Thats some real bad news simon, Sorry to hear it.:(

I don't know what sort of warranties you get on wheels but if you don't get any luck there why dont you paint them silver for the time being?, I know you won't have the Bling you want but it would tidy them up so your not so consious of them until you can do something else.

Not trying to pass the blame here but those car wash places use a very high concentration of acid in their spray cleaner stuff, on the rare occassions I'm forced to visit them I insist they stay away, it strips wax and eats metal when not removed quickly, but hey it gets the dirt off :(

Sad news though, would have expected something like the RH's to be built to survive more than that.

You could always get the chrome stripped and go for a chrome effect wheel paint finish like I have I guess.

I just wanted to add to this to say that I have also had problems with marking on my CR rims. However I was lucky as most of mine came off with Autosol metal cleaner.....

I would say that if you clean them properly and use something like Zoopseal on them it will really help stop them marking if you already have them.

It does say only to use soap and water on them and not harsh cleaning products. Unfortunately we in the UK are too used to using stronger stuff on normal alloy I think.

Just my 2p:)

Surely the manufacturers have an obligation under the sales of goods act (fit for purpose etc etc) to do something about the wheels? After this length of time its not really the suppliers problem to deal with but surely the manufacturers are liable still? Would not an approach to said manufacturer be a slightly more constructive thing to do with your time than dissin the wheels???

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Surely the manufacturers have an obligation under the sales of goods act (fit for purpose etc etc) to do something about the wheels? After this length of time its not really the suppliers problem to deal with but surely the manufacturers are liable still? Would not an approach to said manufacturer be a slightly more constructive thing to do with your time than dissin the wheels???

1st off, I feel for you Si, you must be gutted dude, they are not cheap!.....what a Ba$tard

DB, I think they would use the get out of what Matt B said so, I can't see it worth his time.

If Si could say that he was the only person ever to wash them and has only ever used soap and water then, he would have somthing to fight with but, he can't :(

Still a shitter though!

Originally posted by Matt B

It does say only to use soap and water on them and not harsh cleaning products.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Surely the manufacturers have an obligation under the sales of goods act (fit for purpose etc etc) to do something about the wheels? After this length of time its not really the suppliers problem to deal with but surely the manufacturers are liable still?

I think you'll find that your contract (as far as the Sale Of Goods Act is concerned) is with the seller rather than the manufacturer.

If the purchaser didn't buy the goods from the manufacturer he has no legal contract with them. It's the responsibility of the seller to ensure that his wares are of a resonable quality. Although defining 'reasonable' is not always straightforward.

As you may know, I work for a large retail company. This matter of the retailer being responsible for the quality of the goods is a regular pain in the ass for us.

Originally posted by Jake

I think you'll find that your contract (as far as the Sale Of Goods Act is concerned) is with the seller rather than the manufacturer.

If the purchaser didn't buy the goods from the manufacturer he has no legal contract with them. It's the responsibility of the seller to ensure that his wares are of a resonable quality. Although defining 'reasonable' is not always straightforward.

As you may know, I work for a large retail company. This matter of the retailer being responsible for the quality of the goods is a regular pain in the ass for us.

SO if a manufacturer makes a bad batch of something then the retailer has to cop it in the neck and sort their mess out for them??? Beyond a certain length of time I am sure that white goods for instance can no longer be returned to the retailer say comet for instance but you have to deal directly with the white good manufacturer and their approved maintainance people.

I am guessing though that things get even more complicated when dealing with international manufacturers and national suppliers.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

1st off, I feel for you Si, you must be gutted dude, they are not cheap!.....what a Ba$tard

DB, I think they would use the get out of what Matt B said so, I can't see it worth his time.

If Si could say that he was the only person ever to wash them and has only ever used soap and water then, he would have somthing to fight with but, he can't :(

Still a shitter though!

A well worded letter wouldn't go amiss surely? A lot of big companies are proud of their reputations and some manufacturers will admit that faults occur in the manufacturing process. P*ssing in the wind aint gonna achieve much.

Sorry to hear mate. I had my Racing Hart CRs a month or two before you did, and mine will be 1 year old in December. They still look flawless. Lots factor into the condition of the wheels. Ie: length of time coated in brake dust, cleaning fluids, cleaning abrasive materials.. etc.

Thing is, for what I payed for them brand new I only wash them by hand with mild cleaning products. I would never trust a drive-up wash on them.

Just my 2cp.

Simon,

Kevin has said what needs to be said and it pains me to see what you have written about they wheels when it is obviously not our or even the manufacturers fault.

Although you may have an issue with them (and I have spoken to you about this before on numerous occasions) if you don't take our advice then I fail to see what more we can do.

You know I am at the end of phone almost 24/7, and I would take the time again to explain the conditions of warranty, care guidelines and refinishing options available to you.

All these problems that you seem to have with suppliers/manufacturers - is it just down to bad luck Si?

Gaz.