The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering lock engagement

nemesisjez

Hi everyone. I'm having a nightmare!!!!

Just fitted a new ignition barrel after having to drill out old one and to start with the steering

Lock would engage with key turned and would disengage when key was out. After removing

Barrel god knows how many times to try and find problem the steering lock will not engage

At all! I've looked down the hole where the barrel goes expecting to see some sort of pin but

Nothing there. I don't care if the steering lock won't engage but really worried it might while

I'm driving!!

Anyone got any ideas????? Going out of my mind here

Many thanks in advance

Jez

Edited by nemesisjez (see edit history)

Hey Keron

Somehow the the cam shaft between barrel and switch had turned 180 degrees and not pushed in far enough therefore steering lock on with ignition on and off when key out!

Anyway nightmare solved without much hassle

Really appreciate all your help.

Also dont suppose you have drivers side electric window mechanism do you? price?

Cheers

Jez