The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt- single, hitting boost cut in 2nd gear only

tengu

Hi all,

I am running a tt engine in a na shell with a t61 turbonetics single conversion and greddy emanage. I am hitting boost cut in 2nd gear only, the turbo comes in very aggressively and boost cuts like a bi**h. I am only running 1,2 bar boost but even if i turn the boost down more it still spikes as the boost climbs really fast and boost cuts.

I am runing a manual boost controller, any ideas how to get rid of this ? all the other gears are fine.

Cheers

Hi all,

I am running a tt engine in a na shell with a t61 turbonetics single conversion and greddy emanage. I am hitting boost cut in 2nd gear only, the turbo comes in very aggressively and boost cuts like a bi**h. I am only running 1,2 bar boost but even if i turn the boost down more it still spikes as the boost climbs really fast and boost cuts.

I am runing a manual boost controller, any ideas how to get rid of this ? all the other gears are fine.

Cheers

Get an electronic boost controller perhaps? Maybe the manual controller is playing up.

if your running a single turbo why is your ecu not sorting out your boost cut ?

what is you cut set at if ecu is controling it ?

eManage is a piggy back system, so I'm not sure if it can override boost cut?

However, surely a manual boost controller isn't the most ideal way of raising the boost, I'd get an EBC.

However, surely a manual boost controller isn't the most ideal way of raising the boost, I'd get an EBC.

im sure it can mate , you can just use a spare channel and clamp the voltage or scale the voltage your do what you want with it really

Yeah i have to do that, just been spending a lot of money doing the tt swap, r154, then going single etc, but next on my list is a gizmo MSI. it might be that the manual junk cant controll it properly although it does not show on my boost gauge that is going too high ...

Get an electronic boost controller perhaps? Maybe the manual controller is playing up.

If you're getting boost spikes the wastegate or the boost controller isn't doing it's job.

The emanage is set to bypass the boost cut, voltage is clamped at 4,3v i did a lot of logs and in 2nd gear is the only time when my voltage is going to 4.7v and thats when it cuts, all the other gear it sits around 4.3v

And you are right it can be the knock sensors, when the car was dyno'd about few months back was no knock in the engine as the tuner listened to the engine while tuning and i am running 1 bar with a very conservative fuel mixture AFR 11 on boost. Its definitely some sort of boost cut or fuel cut as its not a missfire, its prety much like hitting the rev limiter, then i put 3rd and it goes without problem ...

Will try the Gizmo EBC as soon as i have money to buy it then will check if better, if you had any experience with knock sensors acting up please explain as i know nothing about them, why? when? how? how do u fix it :)

thanks

is it even boost cut ? might it be stock knock control? (i dont know how that acts with knock detection though

Emanage can override the boost cut and it should do it, but i am not sure what is the problem, it use to be random in second now is every time u put ur foot down all the way from low revs in second, if u not full full throttle or if u slightly back up off the throttle a tiny bit is fine. Maybe is just the cuntish manual boost controller ...

is it even boost cut ? might it be stock knock control? (i dont know how that acts with knock detection though

do you have the software to look at your map and see how the clamp is ?

can you log the data when it happens and it may very well show you what it happening,

as you say you get the boost cut a 4.7v which would be right but the ecu should stop that happening if it was clamped , maybe make sure all the cells above the boost value are clamped to 4.3 also or pick the row that you want to set the boost cut at let the voltage do what it wants that way you will keep some sort of boost cut at extreame levels

This is how my boost clamp is set, is there any other map to set boost cut on the emanage ?

Untitled.jpg

and this one is with a log as well, you can see at around 4900rpm it cuts out and everything drops, all the values are on the side column

log.jpg

do you have the software to look at your map and see how the clamp is ?

can you log the data when it happens and it may very well show you what it happening,

as you say you get the boost cut a 4.7v which would be right but the ecu should stop that happening if it was clamped , maybe make sure all the cells above the boost value are clamped to 4.3 also or pick the row that you want to set the boost cut at let the voltage do what it wants that way you will keep some sort of boost cut at extreame levels

Edited by tengu (see edit history)