The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres - Which rear ones please 265/35/18

Sheefa

All

Yes I know there are plenty of threads about which to use, but I have narrowed it down and would like your advice on best out of these please.

These are for the rear, going to continue to run the Falkens 452's at the front.

1) Pirelli P-Zero (current tyre and grip is excellent)

2) Goodyear F1 Eagles

3) Vredestein Ultra Sessanta

3) Continental Sport Contact

Mine are on the way out. Looking to spend a max of £200 per tyre.

Cheers

Greg

I'd go for either

Pirelli P-Zero

Goodyear F1 Eagles

Vredestein Ultra Sessanta

All good tyres in the wet and dry!

Dad has just bought brand new Pirelli P Zero Silver tyres all round, there a new type of tyre and we cant fault them so far they are perfect. But they are just over your budget at around £230 a tyre.

I'd go for either

Pirelli P-Zero

Goodyear F1 Eagles

Vredestein Ultra Sessanta

All good tyres in the wet and dry!

Dad has just bought brand new Pirelli P Zero Silver tyres all round, there a new type of tyre and we cant fault them so far they are perfect. But they are just over your budget at around £230 a tyre.

You do make me laugh Chris :D

Can't comment on the others but I have the Vredestains on the rear of mine. They seemed to cope very well in that heavy rain on the way back to Calais during Dragonball.

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

Guest Budz86
I am to please :rolleyes: :D

You sound like Nizam!

I have just done for eagle f1's all round Greg and they have been brilliant! Good grip in both wet and dry. But make sure you order the newer compound as the older one has slightly worse wet braking performance. You should be able to tell by these new ratings they all have now - got mine from Camskill as they were the best price.

Guest Budz86

Just to add, they are apparently quite soft so won't last as long as 452's for example, but that's the trade off for good grip! I have used the car daily too and only had them fitted just before DB. No unintentional wheel spin as yet, wet or dry! Not even needed the syvecs TC!

Vreds all day for the price and you should have plenty of change.

I would be careful with good tyres on the back and Falkens on the front. In the wet the Falkens are crap compared to the Vreds. My car now understeers in the wet due to the grip at the back and the lack of grip at the front.

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

Greg look up the Yokohama Advan AD08 awesome tyres and rarely mentioned, the tread pattern is excellent

Took Advans off the back of mine after about 500 miles. They were S**T. Any of the above or even the Falkens for road use at a decent price.

Guest Nicholas
Took Advans off the back of mine after about 500 miles. They were S**T. Any of the above or even the Falkens for road use at a decent price.

Really? must be your suspension, held 800 rear whp for me and excellent in the wet.

Guest Nicholas
Don't have anywhere near 800rwhp, but sticking P1's on fixed my suspension. Different set of circumstances I guess.

Perhaps, was it the AD08's or just Yokohama Advan sports? two very different tyres.

You need atleast a 275 on those rims bud.

I was thinking of going up one size mate but the rears weren't stretched, or didn't appear to be, like the fronts.

Perhaps a change of game plan then and go for 245/40 front and 275/35 rear!

Ps, thanks all you haven't helped at all with your conflicting opinions!!!! :) lol

Vreds all day for the price and you should have plenty of change.

I would be careful with good tyres on the back and Falkens on the front. In the wet the Falkens are crap compared to the Vreds. My car now understeers in the wet due to the grip at the back and the lack of grip at the front.

H.

Yeah I did think that H, but to be fair the Falkens have been OK for me at the moment up front. It's the rear I really wanted planted like a train.

Another one to throw into the mix are the Bridgstone re050a, I'm running them on the rear now since swapping tyres, great grip in the dry and handled great in the monsoon we had on the last day on dragonball :) looking at about £160 a tyre in your size, so not badly priced at all!

Another to throw into the are the Bridgstone re050a I'm running them now since swapping tyres great grip in the dry and handled great in the monsoon we had on the last day on dragonball :) looking at about £160 a tyre in you size to so not badly priced at all!

You plank no more! :)

Perhaps, was it the AD08's or just Yokohama Advan sports? two very different tyres.

Hmm, maybe. They should have totally rebranded if so as I'm sure it'll put a lot of people off. Will check as I'm sure they're still knocking about in storage.

Guest Nicholas
Hmm, maybe. They should have totally rebranded if so as I'm sure it'll put a lot of people off. Will check as I'm sure they're still knocking about in storage.

Not really, it's just the same as other tyre manufacturers model ranges such as Perelli P series, Toyo T series etc, they all have a range of different tyre's in the series.

Think i'm going to go with the Vredestein's as reasonable price and haven't heard a bad thing about them yet.

Going to stretch to 275/35/18 and also get some new ones up front at 255/35/18

Thanks all.

Good choice but the prices on them have crept up quite a bit since a few years ago as I noticed you budgeted £150 a tyre.

Saying that Camskills are doing an offer at the moment for that size going from £235 to £179 a tyre

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s333p107824/Vredestein_Tyres_Car_Vredestein_Ultrac_Sessanta_-_275_35_R18_99Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_1_Noise%3A_67dB