The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good work yesterday - clutch, prop splines, lights, seals, bonnet dampers etc

Sheefa

A long one at around 6 hours, but worth it nonetheless!

Following my RPS clutch destruction across France, I managed to get hold of a low mileage OEM clutch, plate and flywheel off of Slutters via Justin Bieber who kindly agreed to let it go to me, top man! ;)

Car was trailered by Littlenum on Friday night as I had lost ALL drive and couldn't move the car, god knows how I managed to get back. Si (Bignum), James (Littlenum) and I managed to roll it on to some ramps and jacked the back up with stands ready for work the next morning.

image.jpg

These guys work fast and damn well too. No issues encountered, the great thing about this car is all the bolts were where they needed to be, no nuts were rounded off and because it has been serviced regularly most were fairly easy to remove, even those 17mm buggers over the top of the gearbox! Picture below on stands and the boys at

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On inspection of the RPS clutch, it was pretty knackered! All friction pads were worn and I was lucky to get back. RPS Flywheel has also been in better condition, but the good thing is you just replace the friction pads on these so that's what I need to do, easy enough.

Also completed a few other jobs. Greased the dry propsplines, replaced shifter selector seal, changed exhaust gasket, fitted bonnet dampers thanks Lee P and I fitted my nice new headlights courtesy of Nicholas ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also gave the girl a good clean which was needed after sitting in muck post Dragonball for 2 weeks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I know they're not traders and haven't subscribed to be so, but I have to say the work by Littlenum and Bignum was faultless and all well above my expectations. If you are need of anything and live around the West Midlands area I would seriously recommend giving these guys a shout. They'll be completing all my work in future for sure.

Happy days :D

Greg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Thanks all.

Yes mate James old car, was in beautiful condition and well maintained by him. So happy to be back on the road enjoying the sunshine! The difference the OEM flywheel and clutch makes is unbelievable, such a smoother drive for my power needs. I notice the throttle response is a little slower but that's all, and no more rattling. Loving it.

Glad to hear she's back on the road and your loving it mate!! That's the car that made me go TT, its so quick!

How are you bud? I heard about your car :( All sorted? Sorry but James was hard at work under my car otherwise he would of come down with the trailer.

Loving the colour combo dude, looks epic!

Cheers pal ;)

Nice work! Good to see it's fixed buddy.:thumbs:

Yes just a shame I couldn't really hoon it on Dragonball, was a real downer for me having it slip on Day 1 :( Thanks mate. :)

Looks like someone works quick, I remember talking to you about the clutch now dude, also completely forgot you bought James old car, it was you wasn't it? :D

Yep, it's James old car mate and she's run brilliant apart from "user error" :)

Your car looks beautiful, matey. Love that colour. :cool:

Thanks mate, look forward to seeing yours at a meet soon too!

Awesome work, great club spirit :)

Indeed mate, they're a great bunch these two - and absolutely nuts!

Good to see it's all back up and running again! Well done Greg and the num's! :)

Cheers Jimbo.

Nice work lads. Glad to see she's running properly again Greg :thumbs:

How's yours mate? Fixed yet as I heard about the damn oil leak :(

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Guest Budz86

Hi mate, think she's sorted! Ended up changing the front crank seal twice and have had 2 cambelts in 2 months as the new one got covered in oil so Lee changed it. Yet to take it on a high boost run; that will be the teller as if it's going to pop the seal again that's when it'll happen. If the worst does occur then it's time to pull the block as it's probably going to be the oil pump or even worse, a sticky piston ring :( Fingers crossed though!