The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low idle TT Auto.

tony tt

I've had this problem for months now and it's really starting to piss me off. I've no idea why the idles so low around 400rpm and feels so low that the car vibrates as if its choking. I was out today and twice I pulled up to traffic lights and it cut out. It starts again no problem at all it drives perfect and its boosting as it should. I've fitted a new O2 sensor to the car and still its the same. Afr reads normal on idle also. I've absolutely no idea what's causing it I did have a thread up some time ago with the same issue but I can't find it. Is there anything that could be a common cause of this or has anyone experienced the same with their car? It's also got a mines ecu but had the issue before that was fitted.

have you cleaned the idle control valve yet mate?

try this first

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?210956-How-To-Clean-Idle-Control-Valve-Cleaning-Aka-ICV-%28IAC%29&highlight=cleaning+idle+control+valve

you probably already know about this but thought it was worth mentioning when you said there was a thread up not long ago with the same issue, because this was mentioned

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

I can't remember if I mentioned about checking the throttle cable adjuster? My previous TT Auto did a similar thing but never actually cut out but wasn't far. Took it to a friend who adjusted the throttle cable & the idle was spot on again.

I can't remember if I mentioned about checking the throttle cable adjuster? My previous TT Auto did a similar thing but never actually cut out but wasn't far. Took it to a friend who adjusted the throttle cable & the idle was spot on again.

Will try that Abz cheers. Last resort though I want to see if there is any underlying issue first that's causing it whither its an air leak or something. I hope it's as simple as adjusting the cable. Throttle position sits as it should I think where the cables attached. It's on the stopper.

Will try that Abz cheers. Last resort though I want to see if there is any underlying issue first that's causing it whither its an air leak or something. I hope it's as simple as adjusting the cable. Throttle position sits as it should I think where the cables attached. It's on the stopper.

No worries Tony, think might over time basically loosened itself, hope it is as simple as that :)