The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your brave lifting the bonnet on your na supra? :(

samuel weller

ive had a na supra for about 3 years, love it to bit, yes its slow and not as powerful as other cars etc, but whats with the hate towards them? i dont mind the jokes etc, but i do feel like i get looked down at by owners of turbo supra ( not all ) and makes me feel not a part of the forum anymore, yes i should let it go, but not many people have the money for tt supras, and i dont see any na going to the bluewater meet as much, as the reason i dont go to the meets as much as i should, iam sorry for this post, iam planning for a itb for the supra and yes its prob a waste of money in most eyes and i understand why they say it, but i havent got the money for a turbo, just something i have to get off my chest and worried as ive got some friends who have just got na supras that are nervous of coming because they have na supras, anyway i hope i havent upset anyone with this post just want to feel apart of group again. from sam

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It generally all tongue in cheek

I had mine as N/A for over 5 years and never noticed any real hate

I know a few of the member that go to the Bluewater meet and can't believe they would be doing anything but pull your leg about the lack of boost under the bonnet

If people look down on you because its an NA then they ain't worth knowing mate. NA or turbo there still awesome cars. An NA supra can still look the dogs bollocks. If you are happy with the car mate don't pay any attention to guys that are ignorant and full of self importance because they drive a TT or a big single. If you drive a supra NA or turbo you are still a valued member of the forum. Don't let it get to you mate chin up dude and go to meets etc its them that have the problem not you, don't hide away.

Well Rob's was a NA at one stage and we all loved it ...

I thought there was a few N/A's at the blue water meet ....

I think it's all in your head maybe that you think you don't fit in ....

Don't worry your self, nothing wrong with a NA ... Next time stick your car in e middle of the meet and be proud lol

i know, but i cant help it i dont know if ive taken it the wrong way :/

I think you might have done mate, it's generally just a bit of friendly banter, all Supras are Welcome at bluewater meet :D

I had an N/A loved it to death, such a fun car to drive especially in the wet, to me the N/A is the equivalent of the GT-86 at the moment it's just a fun car and relatively simple, something you can work on yourself without worrying to much about vac pipes, turbos etc, just engine, gearbox, rear wheel drive and a steering wheel. I would have one as a daily if I could afford the petrol :D

Honestly it's all in jest, and has been going on as long as I've been on the forum. Do you REALLY think people aren't going because they have an N/A? Maybe I should stop going because I don't have a single ;)

There's always someone bigger and better. BW is about the people, not the cars, referenced by the people who are still around after their Supra's are long gone!

Just let it go mate, there's always been a lot of NA hatred on here and it's a shame, although I do think it's nowhere near as bad now as it used to be which is good. It's the same as the auto haters who keep banging the "shame it's not a manual" drum, just people with nothing to say.

NA Supras are great for reliability, simplicity and cheapness, and they still look basically the same. For normal day to day road driving there is no real advantage in a TT imo, and I have had both. A few years ago I pulled up outside the Carlton Hotel in Cannes in my old red NA behind a Bugatti (when they were pretty rare) and had as much interest in mine as there was that. Hacking does well enough in his track prepped NA too.

Just enjoy your car mate.

Just let it go mate, there's always been a lot of NA hatred on here and it's a shame, although I do think it's nowhere near as bad now as it used to be which is good. It's the same as the auto haters who keep banging the "shame it's not a manual" drum, just people with nothing to say.

NA Supras are great for reliability, simplicity and cheapness, and they still look basically the same. For normal day to day road driving there is no real advantage in a TT imo, and I have had both. A few years ago I pulled up outside the Carlton Hotel in Cannes in my old red NA behind a Bugatti (when they were pretty rare) and had as much interest in mine as there was that. Hacking does well enough in his track prepped NA too.

Just enjoy your car mate.

Agree with Shane.

Lots of piss take'ers of this forum.

At the last count, 1320 people have taken the piss out of me - FACT!