The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"No more modding" - A 900+whp supra story

Jord

I read about this car over on SF a lot of people were sceptical with it being 10:1 CR, cast manifold, 3" exhaust and running 900hp, but until he turned the boost up it was reliable as hell :D

Hence my desire to try a cast manifold out on mine :)

700HP - That's the limit in the UK. Anything more is silly and you can't take advantage of it.

Agreed! 700bhp is completely nuts anyway, its as much as a Huayra or however you spell it for cyin out loud!

edit: and just watched that video, very good, although people can say things like that to you as much as you want, at the end of the day you have to learn from your own mistakes.

Edited by thetrashcanman (see edit history)

This right here:

Now, before any of you ask something like: "Why didn't you just get a better car like a GTR or something?" let me explain that... driving a Supra is just very unique; it's very involved; there's a lot to do and pay attention to and it's just a very visceral experience. I mean not to say that other cars can't be or the GTR isn't, but I just love the iconic Supra styling and the iconic 2JZ motor.

is pretty much PRECISELY my thoughts on the subject.

It's the thing that I try to explain to people (mainly 'non-car' types) who ask me that exact question; it's the reason I get myself in endless amounts of debt getting my car closer and closer to what I think of as the perfect Supra; it's the reason my knuckles and other extraneous body parts are basically permanently scuffed from conducting the next tinkering project; and it's the reason that, after over five years of ownership, I STILL turn and do a double take looking back at my car every time I park her up somewhere and smile in a satisfied "that's all mine" kind of way... :love:

Good video. :)

This right here:

is pretty much PRECISELY my thoughts on the subject.

It's the thing that I try to explain to people (mainly 'non-car' types) who ask me that exact question; it's the reason I get myself in endless amounts of debt getting my car closer and closer to what I think of as the perfect Supra; it's the reason my knuckles and other extraneous body parts are basically permanently scuffed from conducting the next tinkering project; and it's the reason that, after over five years of ownership, I STILL turn and do a double take looking back at my car every time I park her up somewhere and smile in a satisfied "that's all mine" kind of way... :love:

Good video. :)

:yeahthat:

when the guy said that, i was thinking the same thing.

in regards to everyone saying 700hp is the limit, i disagree, if i had 700hp went up against a 900hp GTR and had the money of course, id be craving for more and would go for it like that guy did.