The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra Stock Twin Turbo GT28 Hybrid Upgrade Package JDM & US Spec Turbos

Guest godric133

I like the idea of the S.T.U. upgrades, but there hasn't been much long term information on the durability of the kit.

Of course, that being said, any aftermarket turbocharger will more likely have reliability issues compared with OEM Toyota.

In my opinion, it simply comes down to how you want to use the car - I loved having a single turbo, but it wasn't very practical around town. Equally, a stock twinned Supra doesn't have the acceleration or top end of a single.

Horses for courses.

They look very much like my stage 3 hybrids that cost me £1, 300 from cr turbo but they did not make 550bhp, but I guess with cams and loads of other bits they might of , well that is if they lasted more then a year lol.

20130606_183407.jpg

That is a stock jspec next to the jspec hybrid uk specs cant be machined to the same size as they are slighty smaller

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

I think good luck! They won't be making anywhere near the stated power levels and they won't be as reliable as stock turbos.

:yeahthat:

Some of their claims are laughable!

Want to get rid of the weak and tiny CT20 ceramic turbos on your Supra? Tired of being limited to 350hp or so?

With basic bpu parts you can get 380-400hp, with supporting modification myself and others have made upto 430hp (flywheel) with stock the CT20A turbos.

The factory JDM injectors are 440cc, so you are roughly limited to 425rwhp or so.

The stock j-spec 440cc injectors will not support 425 rear wheel hp, anything over 400 flywheel hp and they're close to 100% duty.

This package you can run 21psi all day long, make 500hp at 19/20psi and if you want to really go for it with cams, a fuel system, etc., then you can run as high as 25psi and make 550rwhp!

So now the stock fueling can support 500hp? Flywheel or rear wheel? Add cams, fuel system, etc. and now you can run an extra 5psi and make 550 rear wheel hp?

These turbos can be run successfully at around 19psi in sequential mode with good reliability, but it is our "firm" recommendation that you upgrade your blow off valve to one of our many larger set-ups, as the additional air flow and especially volume-speed these turbo's create can cause a severe jolt to the number 2 turbo, when coming off a hard boosted run and all of a sudden the butterfly in the throttle body slams shut.[/Quote]

huh?

Wastegate Actuators: We have two wastegate actuator pre-sets. The first is 14-20psi, which is great for those that will only ever run pump gas (91/92 Octane) and are happy with 500bhp. The heavy duty version is 16-28psi, which would require better fuel, if you are running 19psi or more.[/Quote]

The stock CT20A wastegate is too small to control the stock sized turbos, a different actuator is not going to help.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)