The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for a (block) rebuild? NA-t question

Noz

I know there are many things to consider with an engine rebuild. But perving over hodges thread has got me jealous :love:

Components I currently have:

2JZGE Engine long block

TT pistons

Bearing sets

HG

Head bolts

When speaking to Jekyl previously he said it's best to get everything lined and balanced. I think this was £120? Not sure.

Can anyone else advise what missing components I would need or be recommended to use and perhaps a rough price or labour time for the service.

I've referenced to the NA-t side of things as opening the block seem's to be the most common way to aim for 600bhp on these engines.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

There's a few more of the top of my head such as FIPG sealant, full gasket set, head bolts/studs, main studs, rod bolts, having the block decked, head skimmed, valves reground, new water pump, new oil pump, cam belt and so on. All depends how far you want to go mate :)

Well I want to do it right, do it once. The target is 600bhp with a small shot of nitrous. So with that in mind, I want to enjoy the build and make a FULL list of whats required while adding to it.

I'll add some part numbers of what I've got later. BUT for now, I'm just looking into getting the block done.

Well I want to do it right, do it once. The target is 600bhp with a small shot of nitrous. So with that in mind, I want to enjoy the build and make a FULL list of whats required while adding to it.

I'll add some part numbers of what I've got later. BUT for now, I'm just looking into getting the block done.

This thread makes for some good reading.. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?171026-TLicense-Engine-Build&highlight=valve+spring+compressor

As above plus

Balancing the crank, pulley, flywheel etc as a rotating assembly is approx £120

Rebore and hone approx £150

Skim deck approx £70

Balance pistons approx £36

Balance rods approx £36

Hot wash block approx £70

Replace core plugs approx £50

Thats just the machining work on the bottom half :)

Depends on what your willing/need to spend to achieve your power level.