The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What brake pads?

paulj1

I have CW, quite liked them. I liked stock too, Pagid were nice (a little dusty) but not sure about on the Sup as that was on the MR2. I wouldn't wipe my backside with EBC though..... would probably fade out and leave more mess than I was trying to clean up after any more than 3 wipes.

Having said that.... I haven't tried the ones made with yellow stuff, maybe they are the truffle in the pigsty?

I got great service from a half used set of Hawk HPS pads on my car.

They came with a UK brake kit I bought from Michel Lane some years back. They've been used soley at track days, at least a dozen, since then but not once did they let me down,

great pads and very kind to disks too!

I was happy enough with the Hawks that I went for a racing pad upgrade from the same company once I had finally killed off the street pads.

Carbotech

http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

Very good selection of pads for fast road up to serious track and racing applications.

Out of the numerous different pads I've used over the years I find these give the best 'feel' for instant bite and confidence even from cold.

Many people have mentioned the CW pads and yes they are good but I found them to be quite dusty and need a bit of heat before you get the instant response feel. (However the compound may have been updated since 6 or 7 years ago when I tried them - you may need to ask Chris Wilson on this).

However, the carbotech pads I've used on both 'fast road' and trackdays 'bite' from 'go' and I can't fault them for wear rate either.

Carbotech

http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

Very good selection of pads for fast road up to serious track and racing applications.

Out of the numerous different pads I've used over the years I find these give the best 'feel' for instant bite and confidence even from cold.

Many people have mentioned the CW pads and yes they are good but I found them to be quite dusty and need a bit of heat before you get the instant response feel. (However the compound may have been updated since 6 or 7 years ago when I tried them - you may need to ask Chris Wilson on this).

However, the carbotech pads I've used on both 'fast road' and trackdays 'bite' from 'go' and I can't fault them for wear rate either.

What sort of money is it for a set of those mate? Sound pretty good. The one thing always lacking with the UK setup, for me anyway, is the responsive bite.

I have my UK spec fast road pads on special offer still. £140 plus VAT with free insured P&P to UK postcodes. The J-Spec equivalents are £130 plus VAT with a similar free postage deal. I can split them to serve UK fronts with J-Spec rears if required. Quiet, no more dust or wear than stock, used similarly, excellent bite and a worthwhile added fade resistance. I can now supply this compound in other pad shapes for perhaps 75% of cars, but not always from stock.

I can now supply this compound in other pad shapes for perhaps 75% of cars, but not always from stock.

Chris I'm sure there'd be a few MR2 forum members that'd be interested, I think I've still got a set of used pads I could send you if needed.