The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time to say good bye to supra ownership..

IDO

With a heavy heart I have made the decision to sell the supra.

All down to cost and usage, love the car to bits and know i wont be able to replace it with any thing alike in performance and looks without spending silly money.

But with the cost of general maintenance, insurance, tax, petrol and now updating the 20 year old bits... I don't think i can justify keeping her.

In 8 years its gone from complete stock Na Auto import to tt 6speed BPU... plus body kit, wheels, stereo, internal tart up - Led bits etc etc etc..

Gonna miss it, the meets and people who i have met from on here over the years..

Look out for the " how much is my supra thread worth soon "...

Off to cry now..

Gunmetal GTR is calling me!! but yeah i know ill miss the supra, ill get this year out the way and have serious thoughts

You can get over the GTR thing as I have just by looking at the costs involved in tuning and servicing them - then you will realise the supra is not such a bad thing.

thanks people..

jimojameso, will still keep a eye on the forum etc.. May even get a little run around to play with (but not spend thousands and thousands on it this time!!!)

Note to all, don't leave your keys in the supra at the bluewater meets! i am only round the corner and know where you all park!

I know i will regret the sale as it drives off.. just cant justify the running cost anymore (last few years combined the mileage has been in the hundreds rather than the thousands)

Rob, hard choice mate... youll have to make your own mind up on that one, go with your heart... least you'll be thinking of swapping for another bit of jap performance! I may not even replace the supra.

Know how you feel. Mine went on Sunday.

Like you, lack of use was the main reason.

Looking to get a new, more standard toy to replace it that will remain stock!

That was my thought too.. supra for a while was my only car so its size (and 4 kinda seats) was was great.. now i have a "sensible" car as well practicality isn't a issue

may get a little 2 seater rag top for weekend mucking about now (old Mx5,Mr2 or S2000) and mustn't throw cash at mod' them... at all... ever..