The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello few questions

Wingnut

Hello everyone so I'm looking at these supras, I was wondering if any one here know the owners. I would like to know how they maintain the cars. Also where is the place people meet up? I would like to make some local friends and stuff. If you have any opinion on the cars please let me know, the supra community in the States were a cool bunch. I'm sure here in the UK its the same all the locals I have met are all awesome. Here are the cars I'm currently looking at. Thank you and hope everyone has a awesome week.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra/1319487

-The wheels are weird-

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-n-a-manual-imported-in-2003-2999/1422905

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-base-2006/1411474

Welcome to the Club

If you pay your £10 membership (yearly) or £30 for (life), then you can look through the Classifieds here

There are always nice Supra's popping up in there

As for meets, there are local meets all over the UK and some National events

What area are you in ?

Then someone local will be able to give you an idea on the meets in your area

Good Luck in your search

£3k for an NA manual is pretty much top dollar these days, so they all would need to be very clean cars IMO for that money.

For an extra £1k you could get a TT Auto that would probably need a little cosmetic work done.

Thanks man, yeah I saw that you had to pay for that section so I most likely will get the lifetime deal,Once I get my football gear. I'm in Suffolk it's really nice here in the UK and all the locals I met are really cool. Rite now I'm looking for friends, there's a go kart place nearby but mostly everyone i meet are negative nancy to go.

Edited by Wingnut (see edit history)

£3k for an NA manual is pretty much top dollar these days, so they all would need to be very clean cars IMO for that money.

For an extra £1k you could get a TT Auto that would probably need a little cosmetic work done.

Yeah! I realised supras are really cheap here, it's awesome!

Welcome dude. Best bet is to part with 10 coins of the realm and look through the classifieds here

Cool stuff, yeah I'm looking for a UK manual N/A or UK 6spd Turbo. I want to stay here in the UK but if I do have to go back to the states, I want to be able to bring it with. J Specs aren't allowed, plus I like the UK specs better.

yo, im guessing youre based at RAF mildenhall, lakenheath or feltwell? if you are im up there alot as i love jets :D

hahaha I am! definitely give me a call buy you a round. Once I get my car I'm going to ask for permission to see if I can take some photos with some planes, I doubt they will let me but it's worth a try! =D. There is a nice tunnel though that I will definitely be taking pictures at, I brought my car mount for my DSLR so it should be good. I'll PM you with my number.

Hi mate nice to see you on here hope you find something nice.:D

Thanks ecstatic to be here! I will be posting photos once I get a girl, it might take a bit but once I get one, looking for a manual and seems like all the ones I find are auto. The manuals I do find have bodykits, once I do though. I will be going to meets and stuff to introduce myself have lunch or something.

Cool stuff, yeah I'm looking for a UK manual N/A or UK 6spd Turbo. I want to stay here in the UK but if I do have to go back to the states, I want to be able to bring it with. J Specs aren't allowed, plus I like the UK specs better.

The J Specs are allowed to go back, where'd you hear that? Once any foreign car (this includes the UK cars) are over 25 years old they are permitted to enter the US. Even the UK spec supra is not able to be imported until it is 25 years old because it does not conform to the NHTSA standards and is not found on the "non-conforming vehicles eligible for importation" list. Jspecs are more abundent as well as quite a bit cheaper here in the UK since the UK cars were limited to aound only 500-600 cars. So, after that mouth full of information, soonest you can get a non US supra back is 2018, the car can only be imported exactly 25 years after the build date, drivetrain and engine must remain factory stock. Anything newer than 25 must be on the list I mentioned earlier, and has to conform ($$$ process) to NHTSA, EPA, and DOT standards.

If you are considering taking the car home, your best options are exactly what I am currently doing, find an early to mid year 1993 of your liking, keep it maintained, and if you are leaving prior to 2018 have the car stored at a car storage facility until it is eligible to be dropped at the docks and imported over the the states.