The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How does the Traction control button work?

Guest Madmatt9797

Guest Madmatt9797

Sorry for the stupid question, but i don't own a Supra and am wondering how the TC off button works. i've heard the Supras just have a button there that you can click to turn it off, but there are a bunch of people asking how to permanently turn it off which leads me to thinking you need to hold the button or something like that... So how does this work? do you simply click it for it to be off, and then press it again when you want it back on? once again, sorry for the question.

Guest Madmatt9797
When you start the engine the TC will automatically be engaged then if you want to turn it off you just push the button and it will say on the dash slip control off.

Simples:d

thanks, so it just stays off until next startup. Thanks for the answer haha, didn't want to make a thread just for this but i couldn't find anything about it..

Ever since my throttle body was removed it now flashes traction control on the dash which is now permanently disabled it which I love as I don't have to manually turn it off .. It's a easy job to sort out but I hate the traction control so it's staying like it lol

Guest Madmatt9797

doesn't seem like there's too many good things to be said about the stock one.. i'll probably throw an upgrade in as it's definitely a nice option IMO, but i'll have it off most of the time.