The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Change of main use

GazB

Well after much nagging from the Mrs i have given in and decided to stop running 1/4miles in the car.

All the expensive of replacing the clutch (more than once) and the gearbox having to be refurbished she as comvinced me to stop hammering it up the track.

So the car is going back to road look and road use, i've been out in it the the few days and yes i do understand its noisey and uncomfy.

Roll bar (Bolt in with door bars) is coming out, buckets seats and harnesses (SFI) also.

Carpets, seats etc going back in along with the sound system.

When this is all done i'll have some bits up for sales along with stuff in the shed that ive collected.

2x17" rear wheels and MT new tyres going as well, also 2x17" with R888 will be sold and then i may treat my self to a new set of wheels.

So the process started today with all decals being removed (3 managed to damage the paint so my body work man will be looking at it)

It does look different bare :D

3supra 02.06.13.JPG

1supra 02.06.13.JPG

2supra 02.06.13.jpg

Cobra Monaco i got from Ryan G

Then are the wide type which have the base slot for the 5 point harnesses that are fitted, bad point is they need recovering.

Low frames with adjusting slide rail, can't remember much more, i'll look for the paperwork for them when removed.

Cobra Monaco i got from Ryan G

Then are the wide type which have the base slot for the 5 point harnesses that are fitted, bad point is they need recovering.

Low frames with adjusting slide rail, can't remember much more, i'll look for the paperwork for them when removed.

If the frames will fit oem recaros keep me in mind when you come to sell them ;)

Is the cobra a big naughty v8?

I'll let you know with the frames

Yep a nice big v8

Loads of torque, rear wheel drive and no roof

It's been sat in my mates garage for 2 years and needs some tlc he lives in Australia for most of the time and only returns for business so doesn't use it.

He wants me to use it so it runs regular, just NOT got to bend it (his words)

I'll let you know with the frames

Yep a nice big v8

Loads of torque, rear wheel drive and no roof

It's been sat in my mates garage for 2 years and needs some tlc he lives in Australia for most of the time and only returns for business so doesn't use it.

He wants me to use it so it runs regular, just NOT got to bend it (his words)

:thumbs: nice one

It sounds a beast, i bet the v8 rumble sounds awesome with the open roof and on full chat, its gotta be blue with white stripes too :D

:thumbs: nice one

It sounds a beast, i bet the v8 rumble sounds awesome with the open roof and on full chat, its gotta be blue with white stripes too :D

Yep the 427 sound awesome on full chat, the stopping part is interesting as the brakes are crap lol and yes it is blue with white stripe :-)