The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went for a drive earlier... Pics!

DaveR

Nice weather, car tinkered with yesterday (updates to follow in my build thread...) and nothing else to do so it seemed rude not to go for a "spirited drive" on the B-roads of Hampshire and Surrey, specifically around the military training areas around Pirbright way. There are some very nice (if short) roads around there, but get stuck behind a single mutant doing 40 and there're VERY few overtaking opportunities, even with 700 horses on tap! :rolleyes:

There were a few others out clearly doing the same thing (couple of Lotus Elises, an Aston Vantage and a Porsche something-or-other), but none going my way unfortunately.

I've never had my K-Sports smoking before, but they sure were today! Slowing for 90-degree + bends from 100-odd leptons will do that, even with a total of 24 pistons to slow you down! :D Suki performed faultlessly (obviously! :p) and I even stopped to take a few photos by Curzon Bridge, for anyone who knows the area. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=170489&d=1370204480

attachment.php?attachmentid=170490&d=1370204480

attachment.php?attachmentid=170491&d=1370204480

attachment.php?attachmentid=170492&d=1370204480

I need to go about my annual spraying of my aero-lip sometime soon really...

IMG_0959a.jpg

IMG_0963a.jpg

IMG_0965a.jpg

IMG_0972a.jpg

Edited by DaveR
Punctuation... (see edit history)

I love this car...it restores faith that a 199 silver car can look awesome, I love the way it sits. Great pics:thumbs:

Stunning Supra you have there mate !

:hi: Thanks guys. :)

You just turned into a typical Sunday driver next there will be a nodding dog and a tartan picnic blanket on the parcel shelf lol :-D

Who says there isn't already...? :D

It is a very nice looking car you have Dave, and having bin behind you going through the tunnel (which I have a video btw) it has the sound to match!!! :D

What?! Vid?! You've been holding out on me! Do share, Mr L... :D

Wow makes me remember how awesome silver can look! very nice looking supra :thumbs:

Thanks matey. :hi: I think silver gets a bad press because it's a bit common and looks tatty quite easily. But yeah, it CAN look the part I like to think. :)

LOVE that car :drool:

Thanks, Ed. Me too! :D