The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra auto owners

Gpro

When i purchased my car 2 years ago i was told it had a boostlogic built autobox but without receipts i aint sure if its true. I aint driven any other supra to compare with so here goes.

Anyone got a boostlogic built box what are the drive differences between the stock one?

Also i noticed recently when i turn up the boost to around 430 bhp the gear changes are very violent! its like driveing a gallardo with corsa off and changing gear at red line that hit in your back feeling. Is this normal for a stock tt auto? I really do think i have a boostlogic but no idea in confirming.

also i aint going to flood the forum with threads so will ask something else.

Usually supras ain't the best at launching we all know that but for some reason my supra never struggles with traction it has a open diff from an NA and i can brake boost and launch with no loss of traction atall. I find this weird as my friends supra with LSD and less power then mine looses traction. I aint complaining but just curious whats different on mine?

Maybe you have better tyres then him, you should have less traction fact 25% less depending on what lsd rate 1.5?

Or you are TTC making a slow power increase over the rev range,

As for the gear change not sure as I have stock box with lsd and its lightning quick change anyway , jamesy is the only person I know that had the boostlogic,

No recipes doesnt sound promissing though, maybe the brought it second hand?

Surely boost logic would put a data plate on it somewhere

I was told the gearbox was 2nd hand from whifbitz

My car has never struggled with traction with michelins, bridgestone, pirelli's

Also i have a lot more power before 2nd turbo kicks in, much more! then my mate

I have 17" alloys i guess that might help! i will be fitting my lsd next week wonder what the difference will be round corners