The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spent the day at Santa Pod ( brung what ya brung ) VIDEO AND PICS

mplavery

Went to Santa Pod today to give the Supra a blast down the strip for the first time with a few friends on a (Run what ya Brung) day

GREAT day !! Really wished I had done this before

First run for all of us was to just to get a feel for it but ended up getting a 13.9 which I thought was not bad

We done a total of 4 runs, would of done a 5th as I I'm sure I can get a better time but they closed the strip for the Ford boys before we could do it

Best time for me was 13.5 which I was happy about but now I'm craving more POWER

Really need to go single lol

My first run I put my boost controller on boost A which is 1bar

2nd was at boost B 1.2 but found I had more wheel spin at the start

3rd and 4th I started of on boost A then when I was in second I hit boost B.. I also span the rear end and it did make a difference with grip ... The Dunlop Direzza DO3G gripped much better

I still not sure what's the best launch is yet but I will get there lol

My times

1st ). 13.90 qtr mile

2.41 60 ft

107.17 top speed

.75 reaction

2nd ) 13.81 qtr mile

2.60 60 ft

106.54 top speed

.52 reaction

3rd. 13.76 qtr mile

2.50 70 ft

109.62 top speed

.76 reaction

4th. 13.59 qtr mile

2.25 60 ft

106.92 top speed

.43 reaction

Here are a few pics

I have to show you this guys 300k Ferrari !!

First run then this happened !!

Me and my Mates Jag

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Cracking looking car still mate. Ive always wanted to have a go on the drag strip, but i too would prefer to go on a RWYB day for the first try, as id be worried id make an arse of myself in front of a massive crowd.

Also i bet the guy in the ferrari wasn't to happy lol.

Ha! I have worked on that Ferrari ages ago… messed around with the exhaust fitment and fixed a fuel leak iirc! It's a replica, but if anything is better than an original. Proper aluminium body mind you, all hand made from scratch to original specifications but just a bit wider!

It's got a 600HP 550 Modern Ferrari engine under the bonnet, the power is instant and brutal as it weighs nothing. I can't remember what chassis it is, it's a genuine period ferrari chassis though.

Proper Monster. The guy's name is Will. He owns this company; http://www.turrinowheels.com

He doesn't have much luck with the car.. Stuffed it into a barrier last year on the way to a track event.

Proper nutcase. He has a WWII hanger with two genuine ME109 Messerschmidt's in boxes stuffed inside. He lives and works in the next village to me. I have some more pics of this car and his other stuff which i'll dig out.

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Cheers mate

Would you believe the guy in the Ferrari did not seem that bothered lol

Mate just do it, that's what I was worried about but it's fine mate .. Did not pay attention at all of the people at the sides .. Concentrating to much on getting off the line lol

Have you dynoed your car to see what you running?

I got 13.5 on 0.7/8 bar boost (Stock boost, no boost controller)

Edited

I just realised your speed its a lot higher then mine. I guess is bad launching then

Have you dynoed your car to see what you running?

I got 13.5 on 0.7/8 bar boost (Stock boost, no boost controller)

Edited

I just realised your speed its a lot higher then mine. I guess is bad launching then

Really !

It was my first time on there so most likely driver error lol

Nice pics Mike and well done. It's addictive isn't it? I was going to come across myself yesterday bit decided I needed to take advantage of the weather and get my FMIC fittted. Just as well I didn't though as when I moved my tranny cooler I discovered that my ATF has been cooked, presumably a couple of weeks ago when i was last at pod. How many runs did you get in? I only managed 3 last time I was there on a rwyb day and spent most of the day sitting in the car queuing.

Ha! I have worked on that Ferrari ages ago… messed around with the exhaust fitment and fixed a fuel leak iirc! It's a replica, but if anything is better than an original. Proper aluminium body mind you, all hand made from scratch to original specifications but just a bit wider!

It's got a 600HP 550 Modern Ferrari engine under the bonnet, the power is instant and brutal as it weighs nothing. I can't remember what chassis it is, it's a genuine period ferrari chassis though.

Shame the wheels won't stay on though! :p

Great pics anyway, matey. Glad you enjoyed the day. :)

Thanks guys, really was a great day and I'm still buzzing and thinking what I can do for a better time lol

I had 4 runs in total Shane ....would of done a 5th run but they closed the lanes in the afternoon for the Ford boys ... Shame as I was getting a feel for it and really think I can do a better time. Queuing for runs 1 and 2 was short but 3 and 4 were long queues. I did not mind to much as there seemed to be always one person wanting to chat to me about the car so time did not seem that long.

Just been checking the club times for Santa Pod and you boys and done some cracking times ! Any tips for BPU 6 speed would be great !!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?166336-Supra-Drag-Racing-Times&highlight=Santa+pod+times

Nice pics and good times for a first effort. What were your 60ft times? Were you power braking? I managed to get in to the 12s with a v similar spec in my old black car, so it's definitely possible :)

I have edited my first page for the 60 ft times but here they are mate

1st ). 13.90 qtr mile

2.41 60 ft

107.17 top speed

.75 reaction

2nd ) 13.81 qtr mile

2.60 60 ft

106.54 top speed

.52 reaction

3rd. 13.76 qtr mile

2.50 70 ft

109.62 top speed

.76 reaction

4th. 13.59 qtr mile

2.25 60 ft

106.92 top speed

.43 reaction

What do you mean by power braking ? Great result on getting 12s !!! That would of made my day lol

For a bit of fun me and a mate in the Jag were racing agaisnt each other

Here our best times

SUPRA JAG

13.5995. QTR ET. 13.5923

2.3523. 60 ft. 2.2570

.4331. REACTION. .7650

106.92. TOP MPH. 106.67

Was very strange, half way down the Supra was slowly pulling away from the Jag every time and we seem to be level at the start

Jag is running a 4.0l supercharged pushing 415 BHP

Was too close, as you can see even though there is nothing in the times my mate went home with a bigger smile then me lol

Queuing for runs 1 and 2 was short but 3 and 4 were long queues. I did not mind too much as there seemed to be always one person wanting to chat to me about the car so time did not seem that long.

Agreed! I always open my bonnet on the fire-up lane to help everything cool down a bit and it sparks at least a couple of conversations each time! :)

Agreed! I always open my bonnet on the fire-up lane to help everything cool down a bit and it sparks at least a couple of conversations each time! :)

Yep, I done the same thing ... Pushing the car space by space letting it cool down and showing off the bay lol .. All part of the experience lol