The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plasti-Dipped active spoiler and splitter

ellis

Been meaning to do this for a week or so and have now done it (thanks to Little for the extra can!).

Managed to get this done at work whilst hammering the keys, running out in between jobs - removed the active spoiler blade to do this separately and sprayed the front plastic splitter on the car - much masking! The finish is superb. Letting the blade dry overnight before refitting tomorrow so will take a pic when it's all back together too. Pics of the blade here after the final coat. No idea how it will stand up to abuse/stones/flies but time will tell.

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

Forgive my moronic question but, could you plasti dip cam covers?

Not sure. Apparently it will withstand temps up to 312* F - there's videos on YouTube where exhaust tips have been dipped and it stays on fine.

Pics tomorrow of it refitted. I have old pics before it was dipped Jason - basically just smooth black plastic. With splitter and spoiler sprayed it should look pretty good.

Pics refitted. Took the car to Skeggy and back today so she's done about 100 miles with the spoiler down. Massively impressed with the finish - has cured a treat and looks great.

Jetwashed it this morning and gave the spoiler some stick - nothing budged and the finish is still spot on. Happy days!

Further away you don't really see the texture! :)

But just to please you I shall get the car back out and take a pic!! It's a bit more fly-covered now though.

I was curious to see how it looks as a whole, looks good though and the thread link to the dash tidy up was a nice job as well :thumbs:

It was just the standard black. Spoiler blade had about 6-7 coats - splitter attached to the bumper had about 4.

Goes on better with more coats as it really builds up nicely.

Just for Graham - more pics - I went out especially for you!