The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member, and dead excited!

schemauk

Evening everyone :cool:

The name's Dom, 20 years old, from Wallingford, Oxford. I work for BMW at the MINI Plant in Oxford, and so have been driving nothing but a variety of 2.0d's since I was 17 (fantastic to start with, but JESUS do they get a bit dull!)... Currently knocking about in an X1 (first couple of pics), so excited for the new girl to come along ;)

I am finally within touching distance of getting my Supra - I pick it up TOMORROW and I've pretty much been shaking with excitement the entire week.

It's a Silver 93' J-Spec, manual 5 speed N/A bought off of a current member - Rummy - and in my opinion is absolutely gorgeous (but then I would say that, I am buying it..! :innocent: )

You can check out the advert here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?288631-93-Silver-J-Spec-Manual-N-A to see what she looks like, and will update with my own photo's as soon as I've got her home.

Definitely looking forward to getting in with this community, and aim to attend as many of the meets as possible - on the more local side of things, anybody know how active things are around Oxfordshire/ Berkshire and Buckinghamshire etc.? The regional threads (England - South) seems a little quiet!

Hoopefully see some of ya'll knocking about :sly:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.jpg

photo.jpg

yeeah.jpg

Welcome mate. Don't be bullied by this lot :D I personally think it makes the front lines look meaner together with the bomex.

In the words of my friends the Hodge Twins..."It's all just advice...do what ever the f@&k you wanna do!"

My company produces the front and rear subframes supplied to you for the mini and is currently launching the new project too:)

Who knows, maybe we'll end up meeting in a professional manner sometime!

Haha, thanks for the eyebrows advice guys, defo leaving them on for the minute - like I said previously, I want to at least get her home first before I start messing around :D

So picked her up Saturday, and everythings good :) spent the weekend running her in, getting used to the feel and just playing around in general with my buddies, who own in no particular order an R33 GTR, Mazda MX-5, BMW 320i, and a CBR600RR. Needless to say I couldn't quite keep up with the GTR or the 600RR, but that's not what its all about (yet!). Couple of photo's attached. Not the most original, but there's plenty of time for photoshoots ;)

Got a few plans for her - first of all giving her a proper clean this weekend, detailing as much as I can, maybe even get into the engine bay.

First of all getting her all alarmed up, with the full works. Following month getting the front bumper sorted (couple cracks where Rummy took her out in the snow!), and then getting the alloys refurbished. Debated buying new ones, but I really think the current ones suit! Might get them finished in black after the refurb though - who knows :D

Runs nicely, got a lovely little growl, and she changes gears (nearly) flawlessly :)

Rummy/Mike, if you read this - Can you please remind me what the little switch to the left of the aerial switch is?! I want to say traction control, as I cant find that damned switch anywhere, but I'm not sure of ANYTHING right now!! :S

WAHHHOOOO, got a Supra! I get so many looks its unreal, and everyone (my age) that I pass wants to hear that Straight 6 calling her name :innocent:

WP_20130601_002.jpg

WP_20130602_001.jpg

WP_20130602_002.jpg

WP_20130602_003.jpg

WP_20130602_004.jpg

WP_20130602_005.jpg

WP_20130602_006.jpg

WP_20130602_007.jpg

WP_20130602_008.jpg

Guest balloo

An n/a against a gtr and a cbr is like asking a chihuahua to take on a rottweiler and a pit bull. Even though it looks the prettiest,it's got no chance! None! Zilch!

An n/a against a gtr and a cbr is like asking a chihuahua to take on a rottweiler and a pit bull. Even though it looks the prettiest,it's got no chance! None! Zilch!

I know, I know, gimme a chance man! I only a wee 20 year old, insurance on a TT isn't quite a viable option yet... :blink: