The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New here and looking to buy

Guest davidf10

Guest davidf10

Hi everybody.

I thought this would be the best place to start.

Im looking to buy a Supra within the next few months but wanted to find out what condition i could get for about 3k.

If anyone has a suitable N\A available it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Dave

Hi mate and welcome to the forum!

This place is a gold mine of parts/information and banter and well worth paying your £10 membership for the year!

This will allow you to browse our classified section where you will find a number of meticulously maintained NA's and even a couple of TT's for your budget.

Enjoy:)

Hi mate and welcome to the forum!

This place is a gold mine of parts/information and banter and well worth paying your £10 membership for the year!

This will allow you to browse our classified section where you will find a number of meticulously maintained NA's and even a couple of TT's for your budget.

Enjoy:)

For £3k you should be able to find a decent NA manual.

There are some nice Supras available in the classified section, but you will need to pay the £10 membership fee to view them.

Welcome to the forum :)

Lol beaten to it.

Jedi Mod mind tricks again ;)

Guest davidf10

Cheers guys, its good to know im not totally out of my depth with 3k. just a waiting game for the right one to turn up i guess.

Is there anything i should be aware about them or any common issues?

With an NA they are pretty bomb proof to be honest, but like any car, if they have been mistreated, they can suffer.

There's a guide on the homepage called 'what to check when buying a supra'.

Have a read through.

In short, these cars are anywhere between 11-20 years old now. Check things such as suspension arms, crank pulley and timing belt are serviceable/been replaced. Check it has been subject to regular servicing and maintenance by a competent person...

Other than that, look on the bright side, a whole engine with a ancillaries and loom will cost you £150 should something go wrong:)

Guest davidf10

no asb is fine with me. also if the heater is not working too well is that a sign that there is a lack of coolant or some kind of issue?

no asb is fine with me. also if the heater is not working too well is that a sign that there is a lack of coolant or some kind of issue?

If the heater is not working well it could point to a dodgy heater matrix which is a nightmare of a job to replace. Full dash out job :blink:

As Josh says there is a brilliant guide to what to look for, but it is a bit old and could do with updating to highlight some of the more recent problem areas like the Crank Pulley, engine mounts and suspension components.

Happy hunting.

Mike

Guest davidf10

The guide seems to be very usefull but does refer to smokeyness quite a bit but thats always a worry when i buy something, if its burning something that it shouldnt.

Well its time to start looking i guess, anyone want to swap for my mister2?