The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-VS-TT Autobox

MattP

Afternoon everybody im looking for some further information on Autoboxs more specifically is it possible to EASILY fit a TT Autobox to an N/A engine.

The reason I ask is I see many people running around 600bhp on a stock TT Auto now although this may be concidered risky by some it would more than suffice for my Mere estimated 400bhp N/A-T requirements.

I understand Fosta etc are running near 400bhp on there old NA/T setups on stock N/A Autoboxs however I would prefer a bit more of a safety net.

From using the search I understand that TT Autoboxs have more clutch packs and an extra connecter is this correct?

Any advice welcome

I've not seen `many` auto boxes running 600bhp. The ones that do have decent coolers. DavidP made a hybrid box which is good for 500hp.

Worth talking to him about the weak links in both.

I was under the impression Mr Mictchells Gold Rush Car was around this mark on a standard TT-autobox?

The TT throttle solenoid ( I think its called ) is controlled electronically via the ecu where as the NA is manually controlled via a cable attached to the throttle body. I think to use a TT auto gearbox on a NA you would need to swap out the solenoid and fit the cable or attach the cable to the existing TT solenoid some how. Or maby convert to TT ecu aswell?