The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SuperPro --

Jellybean

Do these Bushes replace the two below?

Will It be horrible to drive with Billet Bushes for these two?

Bushes I want to Replace in Red

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4025/picture147gj.jpg

SuperPro Diff Bush Kit?

What ones are these for?

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/super-pro-2678.html

This is all the bushes for the Diff, SuperPro have

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Solid mounts will take the compliance out of the diff mount, ideal for a track car, could be noisy on a road car though where the roads are not silky smooth.

thanks Wez, I would rather go rubber if I can; I am not too sure with the top pic with the bolt in bushings ; If you can buy OEM Bushings ? I know the Suspension arms you need to buy the Arm to get the OEM bushing

Just a bit confused as I would consider the two pics to be Rear Differential Bushings

What are these Bushings called? The top pic with the bolt in bushings seem to be called Rear Differential Bushings, but all I can see is billet replacements

They are Rear Diff Bushings, can you not get Toyota replacements if you don't want solid mounts?

They are Rear Diff Bushings, can you not get Toyota replacements if you don't want solid mounts?

Have three companies looking into it for me, just waiting on a reply, 2 of them are over a week now :( ; I can see the parts on ToyoDiy but looks like it is either OEM or Billet for the (top pic) differential bushings

Not too sure if the SuperPro diff kit replaces the Differential Bushings or the Differential Top ear mount bushings

Have you tried SRD, Whifbitz and WIM?

I asked Paul for other parts too via email (May 20th),response from Paul (May 20th) to confirm what I needed, I replied and I sent a follow up mail (May 22nd) if anything was priced up yet , Yesterday posted on Pauls Forum thread, nothing yet :( Maybe his mail server is down

MVP have only gotten back to me, ringing Kevin this evening; his price seems too good to be true :) Just trying to get quotes

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

You can get Toyota replacements for the subframe bushes in the first picture mate. I just fitted one myself a couple of weeks ago as the NA rear subframe only comes with one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=168239&d=1366819361

attachment.php?attachmentid=168241&d=1366819361

attachment.php?attachmentid=168242&d=1366819361

Superpro do a kit for the front diff bushes (ie, the ears) and that kit is in the third picture you've posted, I have these fitted too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=170190&d=1369826738

They don't do a replacement kit for the subframe bushes mate but I'd imagine that OEM would be the best option for your needs anyway.

Littlenum fitted solid subframe bushes to his car recently and on the test drive after fitting he thought his diff was fubar'd due to the banging & clunking that was coming from the rear!

012.JPG

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

You can get Toyota replacements for the subframe bushes in the first picture mate. I just fitted one myself a couple of weeks ago as the NA rear subframe only comes with one.

Superpro do a kit for the front diff bushes (ie, the ears) and that kit is in the third picture you've posted.

They don't do a replacement kit for the subframe bushes mate but I'd imagine that OEM would be the best option for your needs anyway.

Littlenum fitted solid subframe bushes to his car recently and on the test drive after fitting he thought his diff was fubar'd due to the banging & clunking that was coming from the rear!

Thanks Damien, OEM for me so! Just was afraid Toyota wouldn't sell them separate ;)

The Crown Pinion Bearing(s) are gone on mine so replacing all bushes and Bearings while the diff is out :)

• Rear Differential Bushings -- Rear differential mounts

• Differential Ear mount Bushings

• TRD LSD Installation Kit -- 2 carrier bearings, 2 seals, 2 O-rings, sealant

• Crown and Pinion Bearings (Front & Rear)

• Any seals required for the Crown and Pinion Bearings

I have an Aristo Diff assembly on loan at the moment, man see gets up the numbers a lot faster; look down and I am doing 150

Great having something so quiet in the rear but I miss the 2 way and the control/fun you have; to be honest I think the Crown and pinion bearing was on its way out for a long time now, hopefully the new parts will transform her

Seems to be appropriate.

The diff mount part numbers are still the same anyway.

Thanks, its just the Bearings Part Nums for Toyota Ireland :)

Looks like 800 euro for parts :( might see if Miguel will sell the Aristo Diff unless I can get them a lot cheaper else where

If you fit solid diff mounts in the rear subframe you MUST fit solid mounts in the "ears" of the diff case, too. You MUST NOT fit half soild, half with ANY compliance. same with soild or heavily uprated engine mounts, you MUST fit a solid gearbox tailshaft mount, too.

Thanks Chris , great info; I am sticking with OEM ;) Worse case scenario was solid