The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Number 8!

Scooter

After 18 months in the NA aerotop I realised it wasn't the car to spend a whole heap of cash on bodywork wise to make it tidy or do an TT engine swap on. So as is my (almost constant!) way I'd been keeping my eyes open for a stock, clean TT as I fancied a change again! but also wanted one that bodywork wise was as good as possible.

The day before Dragonball I spotted a nice tidy originally JM-Imported TT that wasn't the other end of the country. It just looked 'right' in the photos so I phoned the guy and arranged to see it Friday evening. A big thanks next to Jurgen who I contacted about the car in the meantime and he assured me that it was a mint car when he brought it in, in Dec 2009. This was a nice nudge and the late import almost guaranteed a good underside and the imported BIMTA certificate of 5x,000 Km's all pointed to the prospect of a good one.

It was the easiest test drive, chat, deposit leave etc ever a nice owner/family. The car was still in amazing condition for the year and the guy had only done (IMO) tasteful mods, wheels, glass lights and stereo + speaker upgrade.

I left a deposit that night and the guy delivered it Sunday morning followed by his wife in a S5 convertible!!

A week later and bar some little age related niggles all looks fine (well better than fine tbh but I'm trying not to jinx it). Boot rubbers changed, what a ball-ache but got there in the end thanks to some tips on here, alloy valve caps were solid, x3 came off with patience, pliers, heat and more patience! one had to be cut off!, top section of warning lights not lighting up but thanks to Kraig on here £20 and a few screws later and they are back. Just the rear j-spec calipers to overhaul and it's pretty much 100%.

Such a nice drive in stock form and underneath is great, stock exhaust heat shields, gearbox support bar, no folded sills, it's nice to have one again where the effort in cleaning is rewarded when you finish and stand back to look at it.

To some it'll probably be just a bland silver pre-facelift RZ auto but personally I think I've plucked a good clean car with as good a verifiable history/mileage as possible and as time goes on I think this is becoming more and more important. If I can finally sit on my hands and slowly replace stock bits and tinker with the interior perhaps the diff etc maybe just maybe I could keep one for a bit longer!

Anyway enough (boring!) chat, here is a couple of pics :)

L95CTY4.jpg

L95CTY2.jpg

L95CTY5.jpg

L95CTY3.jpg

C95CTY.jpg

Very nice, looks lovely! Some facelift headlights and it would be finished IMO.

Lovely the clear glass ones at present but you never know! It's one that stands up pretty well up close too, back to being paranoid about where I leave it in car parks! :D

Ah yes he did mention you! I didn't quite put his Rob to RobUK! Was a nice guy we had a laugh and as I said one of the easier buys hassle/logistics wise I've had.

He's a great guy - he's respraying my dash panels in original flock effect - the bits he's done already look great :)

It wouldn't have been my first choice colour wise but overall it looks the part and its provenance/condition/mileage/price was too good to pass up on.

Richard spent a few quid on servicing it well too so hopefully little to worry about in the short term.

Looks lovely! So this is what you wanted the brakes for ;)

I miss my old Silver TT, was so tight to drive & looked lovely too, looked best at night with the gleamer of light which I miss as the 202 doesn't have lacquer to give the 'wet' look. You changing the orange blobs at the front?

Yep :D I'm working on the mechanic/servicing bits first and yeah the rear brakes are a priority. I like tinkering with the nuts and bolts of things but not so much any electrics/body stuff but I spose the clear indicators should be within even my capabilities! and would help lift the front end further.

It's lovely and tight and polishes up nicely, spent a hour or two under it and in the rear wheel arches taking a layer of dried on mud from them and removed the little brake/fuel pipe cover to check this problem area but the pipes were all in A1 condition.

I 'might' remove the fuel tank cover as those little air vents in it always seem to have stones in them that are too big to come out, I can only presume they get in originally from being flicked up over the top but they annoy me (probably more than they should!).