The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery help?

Gretie22

I'll have to see if mines been converted, if not which battery will I need? Or how much are the adapters?

Jspec and UK are both post type terminals, only difference is the UK uses larger / thicker terminals.

Halfords is the convenient and immediate option. For the more price-conscious, I've always had great service from these guys and their website is easy to use: http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk/

Looks like they list a couple of batteries for the supra, and either one should be fine. I'd go for the Varta: http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk/product/D47/. At £55 it's cheaper than both of the Halfords ones, and has a higher cold-cranking amps rating.

Or as someone has said, Toyota dealers can be surprisingly competitive on price.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

I fitted a HCB005 just fine as well, and there's no sign of the terminals ever being changed... :think:

From memory the HCB005 is the battery listed under the Halfords guide for the MKIV which also refers to the UK model and has large battery terminals, are you able to confirm if it is indeed large terminals?

I converted my TT6 to large terminals a long long time ago, with the NA I just picked up a direct replacement Yuasa battery.

Just for clarification I think facelifts had small terminals (many will have been changed by now) the early J-specs had the standard larger ones.

Are you sure, my TT6 is a 1996 pre facelift and my NA was a 1994.

Guest Rab88

I've never had good experiences with halfords batteries. If you know someone with a costco card and you have a costco near you, they do very good prices on Bosch S5 silver plus batteries. 5 year warranty too.