The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repairable?

supersupra3

supra1.jpgHi Guys not a good day yesterday was a collision in the road out side my carpark one vehicle left the road went under back of my van moving it 4ft forwards and 4ft sideways into a load of plant trollies which went into the supra, and supe got pushed into the wifes mazda. have posted a couple of pics. What do you reckon repairable or write off, the other rear wing also has damage not quite so bad though, it appears just bodywork damage. Would like any comments before insurance accessor arrives. Many Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant for this Picsupra2.jpg

Insurance job = write off unless you have a good insurer but usually anything on the rear quarter is binned because its hard/costly to repair. You can't really just replace the panel.

Get it done yourself = repairable but that rear quater is going to be difficult.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Repairable..yes. If you have the skills or a friend who does. Id have it checked for any hidden damage ie twisted chassis. Doors can be found on here easily esp in your colour. as for the rear part numbers are below prob not as expensive as you think.

61611 PANEL, QUARTER, RH

61611-1B120 (05/1993 - 04/1996)

Thanks for all your imput, bit late in replying but working in my nursery today i would really love to get it repaired.will take it for a test drive after the bank holiday. Hopefully will be looking for someone to rebuild her hopefully someone from the club, will post up when insurance have had a look etc.

The rear panel doesn't look like there is any damage to the paint so may be able to get that pulled out quite cheap. Front door will be much cheaper to just replace with a second hand one as mentioned.

What is the paint like on the other rear quarter?

Think i will be looking for a decent repair shop in maidstone area in the future at least for some advice and price for repairing,once i have spoken to insurance companies etc.will update this as soon as i know something more. Please feel welcome to reccomend repair shops that would be able to help Thanks

If the insurance company responsible for the vehicle that actually caused the crash is paying, then they have a duty to put your car back to how it was unless unsafe or totally uneconomical to repair. They can't just decide to write your car off as they have no contract with you at all, just responsibility to put things back to how they were before the incident. It's not like you going through your own insurance where they can decide pretty much what they want. That sort of damage is easily repairable for a couple of grand, they should cough up. Sounds like it'll be a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the incident!

Im currently repairing track damage on the rear quarter of mine in exactly the same place. As long as its just bodywork it should be pretty cheap to get fixed. It wont just push out though as there is a reinforcment runs directly up the back of where that damage is. Any decent bodyshop should be able to sort it. :D

Many thanks for all the replies feeling a lot more positive about getting her back on the road. Insurance legal team seem to be on the case and getting on with it also police are looking at cctv to see if they can pursue a prosecution against either or both of the drivers of the other cars that caused the damage.