The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT passed! Then crashed into.

Supra Gaz

What a day!

First of all, thanks to Ben (Ben SZ-R) for coming picking up my car, MOT-ing it and dropping it back off. Top guy, didn't blink an ye when I came to the door in my wife's dressing gown, I looked very fetching!

Second thanks to SKY insurance for a brilliant quote and sorting out my insurance today.

Third thanks to the the government for taking £200 off me for tax.

Having taken the last year and six months to build my car up, replace parts, fit some lovely bits, today was the day when I finally got to drive my car, my target of making the Fast and Furious meet tomorrow were made.

So having parked my car up in a car park, I left it, had the cursory look back, nod and smile to myself for my year and a half of hard work. On my return an hour later I found a note from someone saying the following

'Just seen someone crash into your car and drive off, I have out your bits under your car didn't get the reg sorry'.

My front bumper is destroyed. Some selfish turd has driven into my car, smashed my front bumper and splitter and driven off.

I am a little more than gutted. Heart broken maybe.

I have been to see Baldy, he has told me the bumpers knackered, the mounts are broken under the wing, the splitter is smashed and the front bumper split.

I'm now in need of a bumper, it's coming out of my pocket, which is great, no CCTV, no witnesses and no admission. The joys of motoring,

If anyone has the same bumper (gen 1 Do-Luck), a top secret or gen 2 Do-Luck or stock in black 202 I would be interested,the cheaper the better.

Iam going to end my post with the word: Arse. :(

Edited by Supra Gaz (see edit history)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to see that :(

How selfish people are these days.

At least it's "only" the bumber. Seems hat headlight, bonnet and fender is ok?

Cheers josh, it sucks.

Everything else looks ok, headlights are newly refurbed, luckily they are ok.

This is getting ridiculous. It's as if the public are suddenly against supras and want to smash them up! Why do people insist on being crap drivers and damaging nice cars. Pure jealousy! Think I'm going to get cameras installed in my supra! Argh!

I was annoyed already and this just adds to it haha :)

Sorry to see that I'd be livid ,I've got a do luck 2 front never fitted to one of my cars I've offered it up though seems good fit it has under tray it's been rubbed down so looks a mess also it has the intercooler pipe holes cut but have been now filled back over its not in black but you can have it if its any good

Sorry to see that I'd be livid ,I've got a do luck 2 front never fitted to one of my cars I've offered it up though seems good fit it has under tray it's been rubbed down so looks a mess also it has the intercooler pipe holes cut but have been now filled back over its not in black but you can have it if its any good

Cheers mate, that's really kind of you, I may take you up on that. I am in need of a strong drink. I keep looking out of the window and seeing it. Gutted.

Sorry to see this Gaz, it's not much consolation but be glad it is a front bumper that needs replacing and not someone smashing into the sides. Like you said the lights thankfully are still good condition so it could of been a lot worse just a shame that it is not the point and some people are just arses.

I am sure you will get this back on the road soon mate :thumbs:

Cheers mate, that's really kind of you, I may take you up on that. I am in need of a strong drink. I keep looking out of the window and seeing it. Gutted.

No worries mate I didn't give anything for it so its only the right thing to do and looks like you could do with it , this is the bumper before being rubbed down,

image.jpg

No worries mate I didn't give anything for it so its only the right thing to do and looks like you could do with it , this is the bumper before being rubbed down,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]170015[/ATTACH]

Your a legend mate, i will let you know asap, Hampshires not that far from me.

I saw someone breaking a black Supra with a Do Luck bumper. He was from north of the border. Once I have found him I will edit this post!

Cheers mate!

- - - Updated - - -

No worries:) , I am from Chichester if that narrows it down

Cheers mate, not a million miles away from me.

You have my sympathy mate My Supra was parked at my front door I never heard anything but later in the day I went out to it Someone had swung out (probably) and clouted the bumper under the headlight Big crack and a long deep scuff Had it repaired and resprayed Looks good but could have done without the cost Have an idea who did it : an Audi Q7 Can't prove it though as car is not from my area and haven't seen it for a while I hate this kind of thing Hope you can get yours fixed mate Good luck

You have my sympathy mate My Supra was parked at my front door I never heard anything but later in the day I went out to it Someone had swung out (probably) and clouted the bumper under the headlight Big crack and a long deep scuff Had it repaired and resprayed Looks good but could have done without the cost Have an idea who did it : an Audi Q7 Can't prove it though as car is not from my area and haven't seen it for a while I hate this kind of thing Hope you can get yours fixed mate Good luck

Cheers mate, I wouldn't mind as much if it was a little nudge that they could of missed doing, but this is a big smack.

Im thinking about a top secret front? Anyone got one on a black supra?